Thought I'd say hello

As per the title.

Currently got my car up for sale (118d), as my missus want to learn to drive and doesn't feel comfy driving it.

So gonna get a cheap run around for her (she fancies a Panda), but also get something fun for me. I was looking at the meggy R26, but weighing up the price of ins, tax and initial outlay I have sacked that idea off and decided to go for a 197 (can't afford the 200, plus think it's ugly).

Had a test drive of one the other day, just to confirm my decision as was also looking at the CTR EP3. But I think the 197 will be the one for me.

Looking forward to hopefully visiting this site for more info on a newly acquired car in the future.

Jambox

:welcome:mate.You will love the 197 great little beasts(200 I agree but don't tell this lot :wink:)

Welcome to the fold... You are entitled to your opinion on the 200 :wink:

Coming from a BMW you'll notice that the Clio has a few little extras.. These are called "indicators"

:rofl:

Hi and welcome. I used to have a 197, the insurance is cheaper on my R26 and the tax is a band lower. Fuel consumption is a better also. Not by that much though. However I prefer the 197 to the Megane, its much more fun. Just be prepared for frequent visits to the pumps. Especially when you're coming from a 118d. However, these cars are just so much fun, you won't give the fuel consumption a second thought. The feel good factor is worth every extra penny you spend on petrol!

Last edited:
Cheers for the welcome guys.

Coming from a BMW you'll notice that the Clio has a few little extras.. These are called "indicators

What are these things that you speak of?!:tongueout::smiley:

Hi and welcome. I used to have a 197, the insurance is cheaper on my R26 and the tax is a band lower. Fuel consumption is a better also. Not by that much though. However I prefer the 197 to the Megane, its much more fun. Just be prepared for frequent visits to the pumps. Especially when you're coming from a 118d. However, these cars are just so much fun, you won't give the fuel consumption a second thought. The feel good factor is worth every extra penny you spend on petrol!

The insurance for me on an r26 was double that of a 197. As for the fuel, I'm not too bothered about that as I came from a Suzuki swift sport and Celica GT4 to the 1er.

Welcome!!! :smile:

You won't go wrong with either Clio to be honest, but you're right... The 197 is the looker. :thumbup: