** Hello! Thinking 200.... So thought I'd intro myself **

Greetings from Stoke On Trent.

My name is Anthony, I'm 28 and am thinking of getting myself a Clio 200... Unsure about cup or FF with cup pack as yet... I like the 'ethos' of the cup... but I like roadtrips to south of France, so at least A/C is handy!

My car history has been.... Saxo VTR, Golf Mk 4 GTI, BMW E46 M3 SMG, Clio 182 Trophy 006 and currently Golf Mk 4 GTI 25th Anni (big mistake to sell the Clio)

The Trophy remains the most 'fun' car I've had... But I also miss the power of the M3, but it cost soooooo much to fix when the gearbox gave up!

So in short... I think I'm bored of buying second hand 'bargains' that turn into money pits... I'd like a warranty, peace of mind, I don't mind PCP as at least it's fixed cost motoring... No MOT for 3 years to worry about and Renault servicing is good (plus I have a mate with all the fault readers and very capeable VW mechanic in his spare time when we're not at work!)

Am I really looking at deals of about £250 pcm for a clio that costs nigh on £18k though! :O

For this kind of money you can get the new shape Impreza WRX STI?... Are the reasons you don't go this way due to insurance, fuel, repair costs etc?...

Or because of the smile a little french hatchback puts on your face?

I enjoy the forum community and if I do plumb for a Clio I'd like to get involved in some group trips if you guys do man on here?

I enjoy the west cost of Scotland (used to have a house there and LOVE going back)

Also enjoy European road trips.... Spa, Ring, German Alpine Road etc (I want to go to Berktesgaden this year)

Also, not far from Oulton Park so hopefully get on the track with it at some point....

Anyway.... If anyone knows of any decent deals going out there... Lookers I've seen in Chester... £499 down and £250 pcm... (but I'd like recaros, speedlines, A/C, bluetooth and keyless go ideally) Also, has Storm Grey been discontinued?... :O

Hopefully get involved soon!

Ant

:welcome:mate liking the choice on colour would think you will pick up some bargains seem as that the Clio M4 out this year
A few of here did the Ring trip last year and doing it again this year too

Thanks Roy... I shall keep my eye on that!

I think I am going to go for a Clio over the Impreza as the subaru for the same price is a 2008 and knowing my luck it'll be out of warranty when the diff blows up!

I think the Storm Grey would be my first choice, but if it's been discontinued I'm pretty much restricted to White! :worried:

Thanks Roy... I shall keep my eye on that!

I think I am going to go for a Clio over the Impreza as the subaru for the same price is a 2008 and knowing my luck it'll be out of warranty when the diff blows up!

I think the Storm Grey would be my first choice, but if it's been discontinued I'm pretty much restricted to White! :worried:

White is still a good choice!

Welcome to the site though!

Yeah and with white get some white speedlines and a white cup spoiler and it would look insane! :thumbup:

Although it would he a total bitch to keep clean, especially with the long trips planned. Keep us updated with your finds mate

Yeah and with white get some white speedlines and a white cup spoiler and it would look insane! :thumbup:

Although it would he a total bitch to keep clean, especially with the long trips planned. Keep us updated with your finds mate

I'm a big fan of white on white... Current girlfriend likes that look too (she has white rims on her car) so that's a bonus!! Last time I did white rims the girlfriend at the time took the piss so much I had to change them! :bored:

I'm going into Lookers Chester on Monday to have a nose... Speccing up on their website thought a new one comes to 18k!... :blush:hmy:

Would be nice to find a new 6 month old one on a forecourt somewhere and still get the same sort of PCP...

regarding cleaning.... I love cleaning when I love the car... I used to clean my M3 every couple of days!

Ant

Some of us don't go the 4wd turbo route as we're not seduced by pub bragging rights power figures, we simply appreciate Renault's ability to create a superb driver's car.

For that, the level of power is almost an irrelevance.

Good luck in your search

:welcome: to the site :smile:

I hope you find just what you are looking for.

Saxo eh? Pics? Saxperience? :wink:

I have a storm grey one and its ab-so-lute-ly filthy and you know what? it still looks awesome. Looks like its just dobne the Welsh Rally

I took it out the garage today after5 not driving it for over 10 days and gave it the spanking of its life over swithland forrest on the way to work. rev limiter and akrapovic working it perfect harmony

made me smile far more that my tuned Focus ST and even my Impreza P1

if you miss your 182 Trophy then its evident that you need some fun back in your driving. get yaself back in a clio pal. if funds can stretch deffo spash the cash for Recaros. Well worth it

:smile:

Hi Mark, Mike and Ashton...

Mike - I don't think I've got any Saxo pics on any of my current digital storage devices! Too old!... I've never been on Saxperience... I was on saxosportsclub.co.uk, is that still going?.... I saw someone on here called FMP... I'm sure there was a black n white saxo on there with FMP on it, he the same guy?

Ashton - Focus ST, Impreza STI and S3 are three cars I'd be interested in, but if you say the Clio makes you smile more then that's good enough for me... I hate driving a car thinking 'It's going to break... or how much is it going to cost... etc etc'

I don't need to go stupid fast in a straight line, I enjoy cross country B roads these days!

Any tips on buying/negotiating? Anyone dealt with Dave @ lookers Chester?

Ant

Just spoke to David from Lookers Chester.... A very nice man indeed.

Couldn't find any in the network that fit my requirements at the moment but very helpful and taken my details for when someone chops one in.

I'm in no huge rush as I don't really want to compromise on spec to get it in to my payment plans...

Mentioned he's sold a few that have come back in 'nearly new' and all the depreciation's been paid for by the previous owner PERFECT.

Hopefully one comes in soon!

Ideally...

10 plate or newer

Minimum

Storm Grey, Speedlines, Recaro's, A/C, Cup Chassis, Cup Spoiler.

Bonus.... Soft touch dash, Climate, Bluetooth, Keyless go, Xenons...

Accept Glacier White...

Ant

Indeed FMP is the same person, I've known of him for years lol. He certainly knows his stuff!!

I think SSC is still going, but it is dead now. I was on there, but there was such an atmosphere on there lol.

Indeed FMP is the same person, I've known of him for years lol. He certainly knows his stuff!!

I think SSC is still going, but it is dead now. I was on there, but there was such an atmosphere on there lol.

Ah ha... I'll keep him in mind for track day advice then! I remember his two tone black n white saxo looking quite handy...

Sometimes these forums tend to fill up with bellends I find... This one seems very friendly though :thumbup:

Ah ha... I'll keep him in mind for track day advice then! I remember his two tone black n white saxo looking quite handy...

Sometimes these forums tend to fill up with bellends I find... This one seems very friendly though :thumbup:

Very friendly Ant that's why it's such an amazing forum:thumbup:

Where about in scotland is ur house? If you take a 200 up applecross you'll never regret having one mate

It's not mine anymore... Unfortunately it was my Grandma's and when she died it was split between my mum and 3 brother's/sisters that don't care about it so they forced a sale.

It was Carlton Crescent, Lendalfoot between Ballentrae and Girvan in Ayrshire.

Get's me angry just thinking about it... Miss that view.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?clien...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQ8gEwAA

...hi Anthony. Storm Grey is best colour!! I don't think you will get Xenons as its not an option on 200, but you can get projector headlights which you can upgrade with HID kits I think...

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
Slint New Members 9