** Hello! Thinking 200.... So thought I'd intro myself **

Well this is depressing... no one seems to be chopping in their 200's atm... especially none in the spec I want! :'(

If it carries on like this I might get myself a Nissan Pathfinder T-spec (black) as I also fancy a big 4x4 to haul the dog/work kit/camping gear around in....

Means I'll have to wait a few years to get a 200 though! (But it'll defo be a cup then)

When do you guys think the cups will drop below 6/7k?.... 2 years?

10k on a 2005 Pathy will also depreciate slower than 14k on a 2010 Clio but unfortunately I'm looking at 100k mileage :S Not ideal....

Decisions decisions!

Hi Anthony,

Just so you know what kind of deal i got, last June I bought a 200 cup in white with Recaros and cup spoiler. It was 9 months old and had 8k miles on the clock, I got it for £14k

Hi Anthony,

Just so you know what kind of deal i got, last June I bought a 200 cup in white with Recaros and cup spoiler. It was 9 months old and had 8k miles on the clock, I got it for £14k

Thanks Steve,

That's sort of the price I'm looking for really... Did you buy it out right or on PCP?

I don't want to spend more than 200 pcm really... I'm seriously thinking of getting a big 4x4 now.... simply because I know I'll keep it for years... and I reckon in 5 years or so, it will depreciate less than the Clio... I can always get a Clio 200 cup in a couple of years when they dip below 6/7k... But I still haven't made up my mind.

You loving the Clio?

Ant

Thanks Steve,

That's sort of the price I'm looking for really... Did you buy it out right or on PCP?

I don't want to spend more than 200 pcm really... I'm seriously thinking of getting a big 4x4 now.... simply because I know I'll keep it for years... and I reckon in 5 years or so, it will depreciate less than the Clio... I can always get a Clio 200 cup in a couple of years when they dip below 6/7k... But I still haven't made up my mind.

You loving the Clio?

Ant

I bought mine out right, I was going to buy a new 1 but when I seen this 1 come up £4k cheaper seemed silly to go for a new 1. I did have to do a 500 mile round trip for it tho but it was worth it.

Yeah love it, I dont use it through the week because I have a works van so it great for the wkends!!

I bought mine out right, I was going to buy a new 1 but when I seen this 1 come up £4k cheaper seemed silly to go for a new 1. I did have to do a 500 mile round trip for it tho but it was worth it.

Yeah love it, I dont use it through the week because I have a works van so it great for the wkends!!

I was looking at new... But I've seen them with under 5k on them for 12-14k... couldn't accept that kind of depreciation either!

I don't have a works van... But I get to drive Skoda Octavia VRS TDI's at work so I get my speed on there... Its a toss up between practical, road presence, being able to cart the dog around in comfort... (Pathfinder)... Or roadtrips to the Highlands and Europe in the Clio with the gf... but no dog as he won't fit!

:001_unsure:

Hi and welcome.

I think the best deals are on 1 year or so used cars with 4-10K or so miles and hardly driven. That way you get a car £4-5k less than someone paid for it with 2 years of warranty say still on. That's what I did with my 200.

Also I had the same dilema - cup or FF with cup chassis. Coming from cars such as a 172 Cup and 2 106 Rallyes (Mk1 and 2) I have a real ethos that true motorsport cars should have no luxury...however... there is hardly any difference these days between models such as the FF and Cup (hardly any weight differences like the old days)...all I could see I would gain from the cup is a poverty spec, so I went for the best chassis available with the extra niceties of the FF.

You won't regret the 200. One of the best cars I have owned chassis wise.

Guys... I did the sensible thing and went for.....

A 2010 Skoda Octavia VRS CR TDI in Candy white...

50 MPG and £130 per year to tax swung it for me.

Pics to follow after I pick it up on Thursday if you're still interested... I'm still liking the Clio and maybe look at a Cup 200 for a fun track car in a couple of years or so. I'll stay on the site though as this has some of the best 'Road trip' write ups and I enjoy using/reading those.

Ant

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
Slint New Members 9