Thinking of Buying...2 Months down the Line

Thought I would write a short post about my new RS 200, I've had her for 2 Months now and this is aimed for people who are thinking about buying a 200/197.

Heres Mine.....

picture.php

This car is by far the best handling car I have ever driven…its like its on rails on a dry day! And not to shabby on a wet one either. Stops on a pound coin..un-believable.

Mines the FF with the cup package and projectors…..few niggles as you would expect…everyone who doesn’t drive a RS will tell you the Renaults will explode in a ball of fire as soon as you open the door….not true…things will fall off it, in my case door seals, there are a few clunks, bangs, creaks etc. I’ve spoken to a few people with clunky gearbox problems & “kangarooing” all quirks and you’ll learn to live with, Renaults warranty is pretty good. But the build of the 200 is better than the 172/182.

Took me a while to appreciate what this car was about…so when your Dad, Girlfriend, Mum, Wife tells you to be sensible and go buy a Golf (as mine did) because your “going to look like a chav driving that” don’t be persuaded…it’s a great car for the money….

I run mine on Shell V-Power not for the power gains…. just to keep the injectors/engine nice a clean (you are what you eat!)

So that’s it really if your thinking of buying one…Do it…… took me 6 months to decide and I wish I’d done it years ago.

Good Luck

Took me a while to appreciate what this car was about…so when your Dad, Girlfriend, Mum, Wife tells you to be sensible and go buy a Golf (as mine did) because your “going to look like a chav driving that” don’t be persuaded…it’s a great car for the money….

Haha i was in the same situation...for 6months i was also sat on the fence between something id enjoy or something thats sensible, i so hope ive also made the right decision!

Definitely looks the part mate, glad you are enjoying

My mom hates my car and says I am mad owning it. But she drives a Mini Cooper D, so she doesn't really know a lot! Lol! I love the car.

I have found the kangerooing has stopped since I have been using premium unleaded, about 6 or 7 months ago. It took a while, but doesn't do it now. Perhaps yours will be the same?

I've had mine for 7 months now and have to agree 100% with everything there. :smile:

My mom hates my car and says I am mad owning it. But she drives a Mini Cooper D, so she doesn't really know a lot! Lol! I love the car.

I have found the kangerooing has stopped since I have been using premium unleaded, about 6 or 7 months ago. It took a while, but doesn't do it now. Perhaps yours will be the same?

Agree with the kangarooing stopping with Super Unleaded!

Glad you are so pleased with the car. One day, I might be able to buy a 200 :smile:

Cheers Guys.....I think your all right about the super unleaded....seems to be running smoother from start now.... temps of -10 don't always help either.

it's always people who don't know about cars/enjoy driving who suggest buying boring cars such as a golf so you fit in with the masses.
your car looks fab, and i can't wait to get mine - should be the end of this month :smile:

So that’s it really if your thinking of buying one…Do it…… took me 6 months to decide and I wish I’d done it years ago.

it took me 6 min to decide to buy a 200
taking me more than 6 months to get the car itself....! :thumb1:

........ and still have 5 months to go

it took me 6 min to decide to buy a 200
taking me more than 6 months to get the car itself....! :thumb1:

........ and still have 5 months to go

The manufacturing time is now 6 months? :zomg:

We waiting just over 3 months for ours last year and that was a long enough wait.

Ordered mine in november and it will be here over the next 2 weeks...thats not too bad a lead time imo

Apparently last year they were struggling to sell them, now this year they cant build them quick enough

All I can say is that you have hit the nail on the head there mate! Good little write up :thumbup:

ordered mine end of nov, due to arrive end of jan. not ridiculous, but any wait for a new car is too long, lol. cause we just want them ASAP!!

Ordered mine in Dec 2010 to be delivered in March this year.

I assumed I would get it for March 1st (as this is when I asked for it) but the Renault dealer I bought it from said it may be "anytime" in March. I assume this is because it has to be built? I've added a few things, cup chassis, spoiler, carbon interior and it's in white.

I'm dying a little inside everytime I think about it. Come on March!!!!

I ordered mine in December and they said it would be arriving mid-Feb... so I asked them to register it on 1st March so I get an 11 plate, just another 2 weeks wait.

Last I heard they were saying "the system says it will be here before March, but this is only an estimate, we'll know a more accurate date closer to the time"... hmm.

The delays not too bad as I have a great car right now and it'll take a little time to sell.

Rich

I ordered mine June 2nd 2010 and collected it September 28th. Was the longest wait of my life! It went on forever.
Good write up, sums it all up really.