Things I like

It's bloody amazing stuff isn't it? Wears pretty well from what I've seen too. As with all things like this, careful application and really thorough cleaning before hand goes a long long way.

Glad it's holding up well mate. Been tempted for a while to have a go at our front grilles.

My mate didn't even prep some of his panels and they came out fine [emoji23] I just use solvent cleaner that window fitters use, works a treat.
As long as the can has been warmed up in hot water it'll spray nice and thin, that's the key. Definitely have a go, spray a test piece of scrap plastic or metal and see how you get on!

So after a long, long day of modifying 'made to fit' subframes.... I've got back what I've missed in every car since my old clio.... BUCKETS!!
I've waited too long for this but finally I feel like I can explore the limits of the car [emoji48]
Also a few other bits but I'll wait til there's decent light so I can get some proper pics to show them off.
83415581f8a20119076c9be4a1a9960e.jpg
9d401678e87c95f41df9d0d8f4509aaa.jpg

And I got my stickers a few days ago.....
e95af7546f4e12eb257cd33c000d9f42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So after a long, long day of modifying 'made to fit' subframes.... I've got back what I've missed in every car since my old clio.... BUCKETS!!
I've waited too long for this but finally I feel like I can explore the limits of the car [emoji48]
Also a few other bits but I'll wait til there's decent light so I can get some proper pics to show them off.
View attachment 114679
View attachment 114680

View attachment 114681

Fook that looks good...

View attachment 114679
View attachment 114680

View attachment 114681

#racecar

Looking really GREAT !! Good job man.

You stripping the rear - or was that just to aid fitting the buckets ?

#racecar

Looking really GREAT !! Good job man.

You stripping the rear - or was that just to aid fitting the buckets ?
Well I was looking for a suitable place to mount the harnesses but I haven't found anywhere except the isofix holes, I'd like to keep the isofix bar to stop anything in the boot area sliding forward, but I don't think I'll be able to have that 'luxury'.
I won't be completely gutting the interior as I'd like it to remain civilized, to a degree, but I'l probably end up stripping out the belts and anything hidden to get rid of some more weight. I knew I'd be saving a decent amount of weight just with the seats but when I took out the rear seats I honestly didn't think they'd be THAT heavy!

And I hoovered the car for the first time too! It's only been what, 4 months? :tearsofjoy:

she is track ready then..any track time booked??
Not yet, I was hoping to get on at coombe at some point but I don't know when I'm free next.

Good luck mate, toying with doing mine just to add to the CV tbh! I honestly do enjoy driving large vehicles, the exception is London. London is a c*nt.

Thanks, I'm doing it for that reason, and I'll get a year or so under my belt before I more than likely move further north where the money is. (And car parts) [emoji23]

Reactions: Benno and kevlar
My mate didn't even prep some of his panels and they came out fine [emoji23] I just use solvent cleaner that window fitters use, works a treat.
As long as the can has been warmed up in hot water it'll spray nice and thin, that's the key. Definitely have a go, spray a test piece of scrap plastic or metal and see how you get on!

Spray paint is my thing mate! Ex graffiti writer. Well, ex-ish...

Spray paint is my thing mate! Ex graffiti writer. Well, ex-ish...

Oh really??? That's interesting, I would have never guessed! But saying that you never expect that of someone really! Very cool. [emoji106]

Reactions: ///M
:smile: Nice one Lee. There's a photo of some of my work in here

Very, very cool! I've always had trouble reading some of that style but I really can appreciate the time, effort and forward thinking that must take.

Very, very cool! I've always had trouble reading some of that style but I really can appreciate the time, effort and forward thinking that must take.

Thanks Lee. It says my name: Mes. Time is about 6 hours for something like that. Effort, a HELL of a lot. It's way more physical than you'd think. It's on 8ft boards so you're reaching as high as you can and crouching down to the floor constantly! Forward thinking, not that much. 99% of this sort of thing is planned to the letter outlines only, everything else is made up on the spot.

:thumb:

Reactions: Big Ben