There's boost loose around this hoooose !!

These really do respond well to remaps. There's a girl around my end that has one remapped to roughly 300bhp, completely different league of performance. I really do hope in future renault drop a boosted lump in the clios. n/a is great, but the performance advantages of a turbo are too great to ignore.

Sorry about this post mate but i got an astra VXR around this time last year after having my R27 and i got a remus exhaust and remap, and in a straight line it was blisteringly quikc, but just no where near as much fun, so lukily i managed to get my clio back
You need to concentrate on handling more than power in these then it would be a much better car, if you can afford LSD then they are meant to transform them :smile:
Great looking car tho

Edit - Just read throught properly looks like you know what you are doing to the VXR will be a proper beast :smile:

Last edited:
^^no worries mate so far I have done

Dap fast road springs
Polly engine mount
Rear anti roll bar (adjustable)
NGK indrum plugs
Cool running thermostat
Service.

Next looking to do an intercooler

Just a random pic of the engine mount being done

789be5af.jpg

Yeah you defo didn't need my input. Just wish I had gone your route with my vxr.
Still I love my Clio though :smile:

Love these cars. When do u intend to do ur first track action in it? Reason I ask is, I drove a few around knockhill a few weeks ago and found it damn near impossible to match the runs I did in the corsa Vxr. I found that just a look at the throttle pedal spun the fronts going around the corners and just dragged me wide.

U got any plans to modify the suspension? Perhaps even a diff?

Love these cars. When do u intend to do ur first track action in it? Reason I ask is, I drove a few around knockhill a few weeks ago and found it damn near impossible to match the runs I did in the corsa Vxr. I found that just a look at the throttle pedal spun the fronts going around the corners and just dragged me wide.

U got any plans to modify the suspension? Perhaps even a diff?

Hiya mate ,

Hmm not sure when I'm doing the first track day ? As you say need to sort a few things out .

I have already done dap fast road springs , and a whiteline rear anti roll bar which makes a huge amount if diffrence as standard I was so let down it was unreal it was a big wallowy mess !! So ordered them asap and have them fitted a day later .

I will NOT increase the power as tempting as it is until I have don the following

Braided lines , larger discs (grooved ) , updated pads and fluid - this has been orders and should be here soon

Then it's time for the diff as tousay the car needs it badly and should have had one from standard I am going to go with a quaife diff from Courtney sport £790 !!! But people on vxr online say it transforms the car !! Then it will be time for a track day the possibly stage 2or3 before crimbo (285-295)bhp but we shall see power and everything will deffo be done by next July for the ring trip .

Comments welcome as always

By the way th link in my sig is to my project thread on the vxr forum . Take a look if u like mate

Nice one Aron I'd hoped you stay around on here to keep us updated on the VXR

I don't know if there a project thread on there for the Time Attack VXR but it was at knowckhill last month it looked, went and sounded great.

Yeh I will stay on here I have more pics but was not sure if I could post but I supise I can put then up can't see why not I gues lol I'll throw some up another time .

I really love the vxr I do ....

Yeh there is a time attck thread in there .

Tbh it's not a brill forum bit as good as this one hardly any project threads / how too's etc

But hey ho it a good laugh I have quite a good project thread on there that gets alot of views etc so it's all good

Problem is I seem to be throwing money at it at the moment lol must stop .... Soo addictive