Theft Advice if possible.

Hey guys,

Right something has happened to a family member recently and im hoping to get some advice.

Right the long story short is that the family member is on a certain forum for enthusiasts just like ourselfs but to do with their hobby. This web site is based on a very lot of trust and the family member is a very well respected member of that forum.

So the problem is that, in the for sale section of the site they do the usual selling stuff and this is where the trust comes in, as the items they wish to buy is custom made to the the person (its a special outfit) has to be tried on first and the buyer is often miles away the seller normally sends the outfit down to the person to try it on and then decide upon that.

The usual routine is the seller has to speak to the teacher of the person and the person themselfs and also get an address and number etc etc for safety. So all went well with this seller and the family member sent the item down. This is where it all went wrong. A week later still no response... And many threads started appearing that this certain forum member has now scammed fifteen different members! Every item of clothing has a average value of £1000 brand new.. So my family member is upset.

The point is now this scammer has supposedly 15-20 costumes at her home with no intention of giving them back to any of the rightful owners at a total of around 15-20k

We have printed off all details, PM's, threads and all other information we can, got a crime number from the local police of the scammer since our police have no intention of doing anything.

We are updating the police non stop and they are trying to get an investigation started.

Is there any advice or actions anybody on here could say to take and help us?

NOTE: I DON'T want any responses saying that they shouldnt trust people online or it was stupid etc etc, because it is a very well ran site and the sale section works out well all the time due to there being meets every single week and everybody knows everybody. Just some stupid idiots spoil it!!

P.S. Mike you know the situation, please keep hush hush :smile:

Thanks guys.

Not really anything further you can do mate, all I would say is keeping chasing the police although if the person that has been dishonest is living in another county maybe advise their local police and see whether they can do anything further.

If that fails the forward a complaint to the cheif constable or where its reported and they will be fast a fook to get something in the pipe line mate.

Thanks for the reply, I know theres not much else we can do but were just checking over to see if theres anything we have missed, the forum is working well together to try and sort something out.

The scammers most local police station has been contacted and its them thats setting up something to look into it.

Has anyone been to the address where they sent the stuff to and confronted them.?

surely they can raid the address it was sent to? reclaim all stolen goods?

Has anyone been to the address where they sent the stuff to and confronted them.?

One of the people that has been scammed lives an hour away and her husband was going to head round but hasnt due to it being a bad area, and its way too far away for my family to travel, have considered it though. Nice road trip in the R27 :tongueout:

surely they can raid the address it was sent to? reclaim all stolen goods?

Yeah well i think they are trying to set something up to be able to do this.

If it was me I would give them a visit :@ Take a few heavy's if you think its a bad area :argue: , he wont know your coming so more than likely will be on his own. Unless hes an idiot he will know hes beat and more than likely hand back the goods.

I dont have much trust in the police force now'a days Im afraid, so I wouldnt look to them for any immediate action. You could be waiting a while to find there is "nothing we can do"...

Evidence is the key though, nothing can happen without it. You did right in compiling all correspondance etc. Bit of detective work to get photo's of him with the items and hes bangged up! :ban:

If it was me I would give them a visit :@ Take a few heavy's if you think its a bad area :argue: , he wont know your coming so more than likely will be on his own. Unless hes an idiot he will know hes beat and more than likely hand back the goods.

Wouldn't take any heavy's think some of family members are heavy enough! lol!

I dont have much trust in the police force now'a days Im afraid, so I wouldnt look to them for any immediate action. You could be waiting a while to find there is "nothing we can do"...

I never have had faith in the police even though they have helped me a few times, there has been more times they have been useless!!

Evidence is the key though, nothing can happen without it. You did right in compiling all correspondance etc. Bit of detective work to get photo's of him with the items and hes bangged up! :ban:
Don't think anybody is interested in getting them banged up, just the 15 people just want there 15-20k worth of goods back lol! But yeah one of my family members has printed off every single piece of evidence they have and also everything from the other people that have been scammed, including postal reciepts.

See above in blue for reply.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bucko Clio 200 Area 9
inwardnoise Other Marques 39
S Wheels and Tyres 6
Chinny375 Other Marques 7
jase General Chat 44