Attempted key theft.

jase

Founder
Platinum Member
Me and lisa were woken up at 2:50 this morning by the sound of breaking glass.
Instantly knew someone was in the house, instict took over and both jumpped out of bed and ran down stairs(stark naked)shouting get out of my f***ing house. By the time we reached the bottom of the stairs the house alarm was going off at full volume. As I ran through the living room towards the kitchen I saw him through the glass panel in the door still standing in the kitchen as he had turned the kitchen light on. At this point he must have heard us and the alarm. Just as I entered the kitchen I saw him disapear back through the bottom half of the door(we have a brand new double glazed back door that has a glass top panel and glass bottom panel, both panels are toughned glass)
all I know is he had a hoody up and black gloves on(funny how little things stick in your mind)
couldn't follow him out the hole and heard him run down the side of the house, a car door slam and speed off.
Next door heard the banging and saw a the lad jump in a dark fiesta that his mate was waiting in.
I know he was after my car because the drive gates were open ready to pull of the drive.
He had climbed over the fence to get round the back, unlocked the gate and wedged it open to aid getaway.
He smashed through the bottom panel of the door and opened the kitchen cupboards looking for the car key. All he found was the spare back door and patio keys as I keep our car keys in a much safer place.

The police think it was possible being stolen to order. Not being funny but it's only an 8k Clio not a 150k BMW.

Think I really have had it with cars now. Just not worth having someone come into your house while your asleep.! :worried:

sorry to hear this jase,

at least you and the misses are ok tho, ( could have been alot worse ),

i am glad i keep my car in me garage, with my motorbike infront of it and the misses golf infront of that, i would like to think that its safe, :confused1:

hope you get back to normal soon as mate,

time to get lamminated glass fitted in the mean time then move to somewhere with a garage les chance they will know what uv got

Mate thats s***. I'm glad your all OK and that they didn't get the car.
Cant imagine how it must feel to have someone break into your house. Its just more reason to hide your keys and put the alarm on at night.

****ers, i can't believe they tried that.
Glad you're both ok and you didn't get hurt, also that they didn't get the car!
Situations like that can sometimes get messy.
I sleep with a air pistol under my bed now, because i've had some wheels and a bike stolen from my garden, and got in a ruccus over a wheelbarrow too.
If someone had attempted what they tried at yours i'd have a 12guage loaded with the safety off.(yes i am a paranoid *******!)
It shocks me that people actually try this kinda stuff and come across with no regrets either.. who the **** do they think they are?

Thats pretty shocking to hear Jase, just glad that your and your family are safe.

Without being harsh but the internet can lead to more harm that good, i know people can find so much out with number plates these days. Cant believe that you have to hide things of pride and joy just to keep them!!! Never had some thing as bad as that but had my previous car broken into before and its unsettling so i can only imagine what its like to have some one in your house. Lucky you woke up, others could sleep through things like that :worried:

bloody hell jase glad your ok cant believe the chhek of it tho tbh if he'd got the keys he would have been away with the car :blush: gates wedged open nd everything must have been pre planned!!

Jase, my keys are always on the door mat. That way they dont come more than a step into my house. Ive spoken to so many people like yourselves minutes after it has happened and there are no words that can make you feel any better. They route thru cupboards, drawers etc, if they dont find them downstairs we've known of a gang that targetted barlborough that challenge you in your own bed. Im glad they didnt get your car mate, keep your guard up and maybe consider leaving your keys on show. Experiences from people such as yourself have certainly given me the attitude of "f**k it, if you want it...here you go...have it"

WTF... Im so sorry to hear that Jase! I cant imagine how you must feel! I know that I wunt be lettin the little s*** get away with it! Stuff like this makes me so mad! People like that aren't needed in society n shud be permanently removed!

thats a shocker, sounds lik they wer wel planed, and had done it before, dont realy hear of that kind of thing up our way, dont like them glass pannels on front doors, spose if they want in theyl find a way. least its only a piiece of glass your replacing. could have gotten ugly.

Jase that sucks man! Hope everything gets sorted out!

And you maybe say its a 8k clio but its a gorgeous 8k clio that would be a high in demand car!

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Definately think it was preplanned.

To those that think their car is safe in the garage, if they are prepared to brake into my house while we're in, I'm sure they wouldn't think twice about going into a garage.(like they did with a mates vespa last week)

Not just the Internet they get details... The mag feature didn't blank my Reg and even printed my full name and city I live in... :worried:

flipping eck fella not good

but you did exactly what i would have done

bit like phil off rs forum when his 225 f1 went and other items in the house

thing is mate dont let them win i know its hard to accept but dont stop sh1tbags like that stopping you from having a good motor !!

Not nice mate, glad your ok anyway never know what theses scum bags have on them.

That’s the problem with cars being so secure theses days the little f***ers need the keys so will do anything to get them.

Sounds like your house is quite secure but might be worth parking the car someplace else for a few weeks, as no doubt they will try there luck again, don’t mean to scare you but that’s what they do.

The police seem to think they won't risk coming back as now they know we are going to he more prepared. Chances are they will just move on to the next one.

They weren't "little" toe rags. The one that came in the house seemed quite big.

The car is now down the side of the house with lisas car infront and 2 new security posts infront of that. Also got lots of new locks and bolts on both gates.
Door is probably more secure that ever at the moment with the boarding up.

What's best then... Toughned or Laminated glass.

Good to hear your taking care of the situation with protecting everything mate! Mighty unlucky and its unlucky your didnt catch the scum!