Thefts to order.

Was woken up this morning to a phone call to a friend who had his R32 Golf stolen last night :worried: he awoke to find his car keys gone and his car and then about 2 hours later a text from a friends stating her boyfriends VXR stolen in the same way she also informed me that 7 other cars were stolen from the Mansfield / Nottingham area that night as she was informed by the police. Four of the cars stolen were picked up on speed cameras and cctv doing in excess of 100-140mph all with the same MK4 Golf in red following with fake plates, police had stated to both that these cars are being stolen to order and that the suspected are using 3 Mk4 Golfs to track where these cars are parked over night break into people's homes and steal the keys.

I've read up and found that Liverpool, birmingham and Derbyshire have also had spouts of large cars thefts on one night over the past month 2 cars have been Renault Clio 200s so just a word of warning to keep your keys away and doors and cars locked up safe.

My bullmastiff x Rottweiler guards my keys lol. There was that lads tuned focus ST only the other day that got stolen and that was even without the keys!

My car is kept in the garage and the keys in the locked key box! Can't be safe enough these days!!

As above - without giving too much away my car is kept in an alarmed brick garage (motion and door tamper switches) with triple bolted main door etc etc... + a few more locks and treats...I struggle to get in 'with' the keys... ;/

Car keys are stored 'safely'.

I live across the road from a well known local gangster, thats all the insurance we need round here lol

As long as they don't come into my bedroom they are welcome to my car, it's only a car end of day

We had one of these sort of Ganges up the road from us 2 yrs back till the cops got them 2 million quids worth and know one round here never saw a thing that's how good they are

That's it, i'm getting a tracker!

I need to get some additional security though, even if it's a wheel lock or something. It's agro evertime you go out, but I would have thought it's just a deterrent? Maybe if I clamp all 4 wheels anyway lol

That's it, i'm getting a tracker!

I need to get some additional security though, even if it's a wheel lock or something. It's agro evertime you go out, but I would have thought it's just a deterrent? Maybe if I clamp all 4 wheels anyway lol

If they want it they will take it whatever you do with it:worried::worried::worried:

This happened to me but I woke up when the house alarm went of and they legged it.

Just because they can't find your keys, doesn't make your car safe. They will just confront you in your bed and demand your keys(I know of 3 people this has happened to)
You are better leaving the car keys where they can find them down stairs.

An elderly couple got killed about 6 miles from here, about two years ago, when some theives wanted to steal their car. :worried:

I had my 12-week old Impreza stolen off the drive in 2007 while I slept! A young lad came in through the window, legged it with my jacket, laptop, camera, wallet, keys etc and the next time I saw the car it was a wreck!! Admittedly both the young lad who broke in (he was 12!!!) and his 'mate' (he was 21) were caught and both got custodial sentences but I was gutted and I have spent the last 5 years wondering what I would have done if I had heard something and woken up....... My 2,300 mile Scoob was clocked at 132mph at 2am in 50mph roadworks on the M4 near Bristol.....!!! B*stards!!!!

....the 21 year old was sent down for 18 counts of similar offences....!!! The young lad spent his 13th birthday in a YOI....

It happens all over the country. Woke up one morning to find someone had tried to crowbar out the window in our front room less than 2 months after buying the 197. Luckily they failed but the balls they have considering it is the front of the house in a busy side road. I just don't think these crims care when the chances of being caught and the penalty is so low.

I only hope that if I ever have a car stolen, that they write it off as I really rather not have it back.

I'd be careful saying stuff like that lol. You also mentioned that in another thread! If something does happen, and any of this gets seen - they'll question your claim a LOT.

When my polo caught fire, I had a photo of the Mileage at 1000 miles on the button. I thought it was cool - they thought it was dodgy and that almost did me out of a claim!!!!!!

I'd be careful saying stuff like that lol. You also mentioned that in another thread! If something does happen, and any of this gets seen - they'll question your claim a LOT.

When my polo caught fire, I had a photo of the Mileage at 1000 miles on the button. I thought it was cool - they thought it was dodgy and that almost did me out of a claim!!!!!!

Did i? its a fair point. note to self, must remember to edit these posts if the bad times happen. :innocent:

Last edited:
let them question what they like!!! its only a matter of your own opinion - plenty of poeple will feel the same me included!!!!!

seems to be forgotten a bit these days we are allowed "free speech" :jedi: