the red baron progress

I llike the look of that myself too, easy enough to use?

yeh - just put on a pump and work a few times to cause the vacuum and away it goes - i left it for a while whilst on the phone and it just fills up slowly

£30-40 i think depends on the capacity that one does 6-litres

i would say that its a little slow to do the job but if your doing other work on it you can leave it to suck the oil out while you do the other jobs as i did - also worth getting the oil hot - again i didnt so it slowed it down a bit

with it being between main service i didnt change the filter not really worth it at 6k interval

its ideal for those cars that have the element type filter (vuaxhalls/bmw/merc etc) at the top of the engine - as you could change the oil without removing the sump plug all from the open bonnet position :bat:

£30-£40 is not bad at all thought it would be a lot more,so do you still have to pop the sump plug of on the clio?

£30-£40 is not bad at all thought it would be a lot more,so do you still have to pop the sump plug of on the clio?

nope stays in place - oil is sucked out via the tube down the dipstick hole - i removed 5ltrs of old oil - you dont have to go underneath (except if you change the filter you still have to do it from below!)

Also just another question on it - Does it get the vast mjority of the oil out? So if we wanted to change the filter too would loads come gushing out?

got it from a motorist shop near me - i am sure there will be some on ebay for sale

as regards to it removing all the oil - it removed 5ltrs from mine - my only mistake was i didnt let it run enough to get the oil hot and thinner to be sucked out easier so it took awhile longer than planned - but you can leave it to do its business while you do other things

as for the filter - that will still contain oil and spill it out when you change it

i didnt change the filter i just did a 6month oil change only....it was an early xmas pressie to my car :hug1:

What does joe bloggs do with the old oil? Take it down the dump?

basically yes - or use it to "underseal" your car :rofl:

i just store it in old 5ltr cans and then when i have say some rubbish to go to the council dump or 15-20ltrs stored take it there

Yeah thought so. I need to do my van, but the dump is so bloody far away.

Nice idea that though.

Nice little gadget that Si. Might look at picking one of these up for the 2013 interim service, saves me taking it in to the workshop to get underneath it :smile:

well money is tight at the moment so ordered some new tyres...did want ad08 but in the end went for bridgestone potenza re50a and saved £200 - so can get the wheels referbished as well :tongueout:roud:

going to be running the 17's for a few weeks.....strange :blink:

Similar Thread Suggestions