The new tow car :D

iAndy

Platinum Member
Been trying to sort out all the negatives to trackdays..... So after dragging a hire trailer to Cadwell with no lights as it was faulty I decided to buy my own car transporter and after much looking around found the perfect one. A lightweight wide body twin axle woodford. It takes the 172 perfectly and although the 200 would need to go on a diet to be light enough to go on it that also fits (as well as VX220's/Lotus Exige) not that I have any plans to get one.....

Well the trailer arrived and a perfect trip to Curbourough was had. The little Rav4 of mums pulled it effortlessly and towed well. Only hassle is changing cars so that mum has the Mazda2 while I have hers, then there is a few weeks coming where mum is away and needs her car..... So decided only solution was to buy my own tow car. Had a look at various things ranging from Mazda 6 sport tourer's to X5's and Range Rovers. Sensible head kicked in and the decision was made to get a Discovery, with a very specific one in mind the search started. Had to be a Manual, sub 90k, plenty of history, 7 seats and not with cream leather. Wanted the newest one I could find of a TD5 as I didn't want a disco3

Anyway, after a lot of searching I found the one I wanted, got outbid, got a second chance offer and then managed to get it for less than the second chance offer :smile: 2004 last of the TD5 model, 80k, one lady owner, full supplying main dealer history, manual, 7 seater, a nice train journey up to the Lake District and a leisurely drive home was done.

Few pictures and of course the obligatory clio200.net sticker is in the windscreen already :wink:

ygyvyzyh.jpg