Towing UK car trailer with non UK vehicle ?

Hi , i am having some work in UK and planing on my way back to buy a car trailer and a Clio for spare parts for the rally car , and towing them back home. As far as i know , UK car trailers dont have "registration" , and are towed with the towing vehicle's registration / number. So , the question is , how can i tow a UK trailer with a non UK vehicle ?

By the Bulgarian traffic law , i am not allowed to do that :smile: It is a "document" fraud , and it is punishable by the same law as making fake money :smile: If i have to choose , i will take the fake money :smile:

You need to speak to your local driving authority then for advice, you won't be the first person to ask I'm sure,

By law a trailer needs to display the same registration as the tow vehicle in the U.K. Otherwise the police may pull you and cause you a pain in the arse

Could you not just say your rear reg has fell off your tow car in Bulgaria and get them to issue a new one, once you get back into mainland Europe or close to Bulgaria, just take the plate off

'Over here' you stick a number plate the same as yours on the back of the trailor - that's the UK covered.

Then do whatever you need to do to cover you ass back home :smile: ie: Can you pre-register the trailor - ready for when you travel back home ?

You need to speak to your local driving authority then for advice, you won't be the first person to ask I'm sure,

By law a trailer needs to display the same registration as the tow vehicle in the U.K. Otherwise the police may pull you and cause you a pain in the arse

Could you not just say your rear reg has fell off your tow car in Bulgaria and get them to issue a new one, once you get back into mainland Europe or close to Bulgaria, just take the plate off
But in Europe HGV Trailers are registered as a stand alone vehicle