Supercharged RS200 underway :D

no power runs yet as still working on map to enable full throttle etc.

Spent today lasquering and polishing bonnet, roof and parcel shelf as those panels involved a third party for lacquer last time (due to time constraints) and not up to quality. Looking a bit bare at the minute but will get her looking mint for Trax.

what supercharger did you use? is that jamsport intercooler up to much good?

Rotrex sc, the intercooler is a derivative (sp) of the IC that JS use on the fiesta ST SC conversions, allowing for 400+ bhp to be flowed, so I guess so yes.

Yes we were on in display at Trax. There are still many many hours to be spent on the rolling road with ecu, she runs, drives etc but not yet ready for power tests until fuelling is corrected. Approx 250-300 hours required in the RR, this conversion is using the standard ecu and it is not altered in the same way as a stand alone mappable ecu regarding file changes etc so also takes longer to input changes etc.

I will upload some pictures of the car from Trax later today

It is the sort of thing a lot of people are unaware of with products relating to modified cars, the amount of development time and £ invested in both our own composite products and mechanical elements like Jam Sport. Without this time spent you get inferior products, but you get them quicker, or you get a genuine product that delivers the goods with a longer wait. All of this time also needs to be fitted in and accomodated (somehow) around producing orders and work form paying customers for already developed products. It really is a labour of love, not just work

The car is on january front cover issue of PFC magazine and by then the SC conversion will have been developed and power tested etc, so realistically thats the timescale before we see a kit on the shelf

cheers

Bic

100% agree that it's important to get it right the first time. 300 hours of dyno testing is equivalent to a hell of a lot of miles though. From my experience of durability dyno testing at work I'd estimate that is around 50,000 miles (assuming you're doing high load work most of the time).

Jam Sport can probably comment better than me, I doubt 300 hours of actual flat out running, lots of stop start, etc. I dont think 300 hours in the same way as full on mapping would be as the actual mapping is being done remotely by file writing not actually live whilst in the rollers, that make sense (I think it does, lol)

Sounds good :smile:

Out of my own curiosity... how does the standard ECU cope with boost? Im naturally assuming the engine has a MAP sensor, and can it read into the positive side of things? As most N/A cars by default tend to have a sensor that only copes with vacuum (for cost effective reasons)

As its modern and a high revver im also assuming there is a decent knock sensor in there somwhere?

Im still yet to delve into the techy stuff in the Clio and suss it all out when i can be bothered :smiley:

i am struggling to see how how the clio ecu is putting up with it, everyone in the know, knows that the clio ecu will **** if self once it starts to get positive pressure,

could be but the piggy back will still have to run from the ecu, if it can be done then fair play, but any postive pressure the ecu will go into limp mode, hence why i either have to go with the megane ecu or totally wipe the clio 1 and use that

you can keep it all mate thats the good thing about it. plus its got space for launch control and extra goodies like that. but its cost an arm and a leg one of the unforeseen costs of the project

i am struggling to see how how the clio ecu is putting up with it, everyone in the know, knows that the clio ecu will **** if self once it starts to get positive pressure,

Can you tell me more via PM?

I'm having problems with remapping my car - the remap won't stick.

TNX...

P.S. Good luck with the project guys! :shout: