Supercharged RS200 underway :D

The standard ecu when mapped correctly doesnt cut out when it sees boost, we can drive the car under load and with boost and its fine, no cutting out, no error codes.

300 hours in the dyno doesnt mean 300 hours of driving, each file take time to load in then its a case of running the car and checking before trying a new file and loading that in etc...

The standard ecu when mapped correctly doesnt cut out when it sees boost, we can drive the car under load and with boost and its fine, no cutting out, no error codes.

300 hours in the dyno doesnt mean 300 hours of driving, each file take time to load in then its a case of running the car and checking before trying a new file and loading that in etc...

So does it use a MAP sensor as i mentioned?

Can you tell me more about the map loading procedure?

What did you want to know about the map loading? all our maps are loaded via the OBD II port on the clio.

I know that - but I just don't understand why the map won't stick - in my case?

Is there any "special" thing that has to be done before/after the remap in order for the map to stay or is it purely in the software?

I had the car remapped and the car was FAST, and I mean FAST - it managed to spin the tyres in 2nd gear (225/45/17 R888) from rolling start for a second - a thing that it never did before. And all that @ 37°C, but in the evening the car was significantly slower, and the other days too.

I have catcams, V6 airbox, lightweight flywheel, miltek exhaust,...

TNX 4 the info!

This little add on could see coming back to a 197. Drive past a gw every day, and every day I love the look more. Can't wait for this :smile:

theres no mention of them having problems with the ecu not taking the map, by the sounds of it them writing the map from scratch and fine tuning it as them going along

106 project still underway yes, with a deadline of next September Gatebil Festival, Ruskogen, Norway :smiley:

Jam Sport have the Clio back now to be able to spend more time with the car in the rollers and make adjustments to files for ecu, no problems, just a time problem as always lol

After reading through this thread I am looking forward to the finished product.

I don't think, after reading through alot of members posts that people seem to know what the standard ecu is capable of.

The standard ecu is capable of running throttle bodies / turbos / superchargers etc.

If a mapper ever tells you you can't map the standard ecu then he is very good at mapping I'm afraid.

After reading through this thread I am looking forward to the finished product.

I don't think, after reading through alot of members posts that people seem to know what the standard ecu is capable of.

The standard ecu is capable of running throttle bodies / turbos / superchargers etc.

If a mapper ever tells you you can't map the standard ecu then he is very good at mapping I'm afraid.

mate look up and speak to renault, everyone confirms that the clio ecu can not run a turbo power or supercharger, yet the megane ecu can, the clio and megane ecu r the same just different firm ware

anyway...

Oh ye of little faith.........

The company that maps my cars can get the ecu to run anything. Years ago this debate ran with the j4 engines.

As a result I have seen the same company map the j4 engines to run lumpy cams, itbs, turbos, chargers etc.

Don't believe everything you get told matey.

Oh ye of little faith.........

The company that maps my cars can get the ecu to run anything. Years ago this debate ran with the j4 engines.

As a result I have seen the same company map the j4 engines to run lumpy cams, itbs, turbos, chargers etc.

Don't believe everything you get told matey.

research it your self :tongueout:

the 197/200 can be mapped but thats not the problem.
the problem is the the 197/200 ecu really does not seam to like new cams,throtle boddies, turbos, chargers etc...
ther have been several cases of the standard ecu be problematic after fitting such things.

If the ecu is ****ting itself when remapped it will be down to the values in the cells not matching the checksums.