Stuie's Black R27

Right well, I'v had the car for about 3 years now so thought it was time to get one of these going! I don't use the car as a daily driver as I need a van for work, I mainly use the car for blasts out, road trips and most importantly, a few track days a year. It is a R27 but I prefer it without the stickers, I never removed them it came that way. It has all the usual FF extras including a renault fitted ipod dock. The car has had the following mods:

-De - catted + De - Silenced Milltek Exhaust system
-Goodridge Braided lined + DS2500 pads
-3 sets of wheels consisting of Hankook road tyres, R888s + Cup racer slicks
-Battery has been re-located in the boot
-Oil catch tank and breather
-ARP conrod bolts
-Pipercross open cone filter (also have a v6 box but prefer this)
-Re-located coolant reservoir (renault one was always falling out so I used a subaru one)
-RS tuning re-map

The car had a brand new engine fitted by Renault early this year as the con rod bolts let go on 27,000 miles! I have some H&R 30mm all round lowering springs ready to fit next week and possibly will want some spacers once I've seen it lowered! Here are a few pics:

img0507rs.jpg

img0505xbz.jpg

img0506jr.jpg

img0500g.jpg

img0671tv.jpg

img0696e.jpg

img0697t.jpg

img0669ya.jpg

img0668va.jpg

img0571e.jpg

img04801.jpg

img0186ix.jpg

Last edited:
My renault one kept falling out, had a subaru one in the garage and fitted it in a new place, I suppose it free's up more space for air around the air filter, I had the car on the roller at RS tuning on monday and it made exactly the same power as without and 1 more BHP when he finished and a few more torque low down. It's purely for the noise.

My renault one kept falling out, had a subaru one in the garage and fitted it in a new place, I suppose it free's up more space for air around the air filter, I had the car on the roller at RS tuning on monday and it made exactly the same power as without and 1 more BHP when he finished and a few more torque low down. It's purely for the noise.

i did a similar test at rs tuning mate with an open cone and a maxogen with exactly the same results,the only thing that made me wonder though is that the open cone is tested with the bonnet open which wouldn't really replicate road use,wish i'd shut the bonnet to get a true comparison between the 2

i did a similar test at rs tuning mate with an open cone and a maxogen with exactly the same results,the only thing that made me wonder though is that the open cone is tested with the bonnet open which wouldn't really replicate road use,wish i'd shut the bonnet to get a true comparison between the 2

I know what you mean, lets be honest though, we are talking a couple of BHP either way, you lose more turning the air con on! As said its purely for noise, you need to put a meg engine or S/C on for some real power!

Quick update from the RS day & Oulton Park last thursday with a few pics. Car was faultless all day (out on track anyway) and held its own amongst an army of 265 trophies. Blew a fuse on the started motor when I went to go home so had to push start it with the help of the kind RS staff.

R888's. Oulton is pretty harsh on the suspension though I think on a few of the corners and the extra grip of the R888's does nothing to relieve the stress!