Stone chip protection

Rick

Gold Member
Not sure if this is in the right section or if it should be in body work but anyway.

I do a lot of motorway miles and with the clio being my daily drive stone chips are becoming a worry, there aren't too many at the moment but I want to protect it before its peppered. I saw a couple of cars when looking to buy with a clear plastic wrap over prone areas, was wondering if anyone here has that or advice on other protection options.

Thanks Rick

Paintshield in Peterborough, very expensive self healing film, no cutting on the car, a must for the purists. I had my green Focus RS done, cost a grand, 18 months and it was unmarked, I got top money for it.

What you have to consider is, the colour of your car. If it's a base colour, it will be cheaper painting the bumper bonnet, than putting film on. There are cheaper companies out there, but they are cheap for a reason.

At the end of the day, it's a bit like seat covers, keeping it good for the next owner.

I would say in my case on the Focus RS I got my money back as the paint was immaculate.

I have just got a new 200T but it won't get Paintshield, it's white, so it will get painted if it needs it.

Ok wow that's an eye opener thought there would be some decent options on the cheaper scale, my car is RB so guess respray when needed might be the best bet, work could be changing location soon so travelling might reduce and hopefully stone chip progression will also/