Stolen white 200 - nottingham

MMy wife bought a new 200, she was off work after an operation and woke up to find they'd stripped £400's of trim off the car, reckon I disturbed them going to work at 5:30, but to be honest, I never looked at the car on the way out. We sold it a bought a 182, which has now morphed into an Albi 197!!!

I work as a maintenance engineer for a 'large supermarket chain' and was sent on a locksmith course, It's be interesting to know the method of entry.

Ianboom.

Hey guys, thought I would give you an update. Just got the car back from the po-lice. They have had it for a ridiculously long time I know but that's what happens when they find the boot full of gold and diamonds and need to keep hold of it for evidence/investigations.

I'm pleasantly surprised that there is no damage at all! I half expected it to be trashed or drive like a dog but it feels fine. I'll get it looked at professionally just to check it over and treat it to a nice valet for the sake of it haha.

One thing I've learnt from this whole experience is that I can actually survive without a car. I get the bus to work and all my friends and family live relatively close by so now I'm starting to question whether I actually need the clio (or indeed any other car) at all! Not to mention I've saved a small fortune in the 3/4 months I've been off the road.

Thanks for all your support guys, and I'm sure I don't have to remind you all to lock up yo' shiz securely! :wink:

I'd personally get the locks changed now you've got it back. A key could have been created while the theives had it. If they did Its easy pickings if they want to steal it again. Won't be cheap but will help if you want to sell. It will probably flag up a being stolen on the HPI database unfortunately.

Yep it is in with Renault in the morning for a full service and locks. £200 for a replacement key and reprogramming and barrel changes. Not too bad really.

Nah the car isn't flagged as stolen because it was recovered by the police prior to the insurance completing a payout.

I really hope this hasn't 'tainted' the cars history. I've taken care of it well and there appears to be no damage so it will really suck if its value has dropped :worried:

Yep it is in with Renault in the morning for a full service and locks. £200 for a replacement key and reprogramming and barrel changes. Not too bad really.

Nah the car isn't flagged as stolen because it was recovered by the police prior to the insurance completing a payout.

I really hope this hasn't 'tainted' the cars history. I've taken care of it well and there appears to be no damage so it will really suck if its value has dropped :worried:

to be fair i thought this, its only classed as stolen/recovered if insurance pays out, in which they havent so i would worry about it

Id check the HPI thing out. I wrote my old car off CAT D. The insurance terminated my policy and the claim thus they didn't pay out, but it still appears as being written off on the check. Me and the old man fixed it as it was only bodywork damage.

It may be different with it being stolen, I don't know?

£200 is very reasonable for the locks to be reprogrammed and a key :smile:

Glad you've got it back in one piece anyway, ive got a GW 200 and dread to think what id do if it got nicked!

Last edited:
Yeah the HPI is fine :smile:

Car is with renault now and they say its in perfect nick apart from a bent Nearside front lower drop link, which ideally needs replacing. They've quoted me £100 for parts and labour. Seems a fair quote for what looks like a fiddly job which I sure as **** cba to do in this freezing weather!

If £100 for the droplink and £200 for the keys are the only costs to this whole experience I guess I've gotten off lightly!