Stolen Number Plates

Just thought I'd bring it to the forum's attention. Whilst at work on Monday 23/11 my number plates were stolen off my car. This was in work's private car park, I work just outside of Folkestone. The police know and I have already bought some new plates from Halfords. Pain I know and if I get any more information I can update here if people want to know?

Yes keep us all updated.

This actually happened to my mate about a month ago. He got in touch with the police and his insurance company to let them know about it, he never heard anything else about it though

I hadn't even thought to call the insurance company. I won't bother though, I'm sure they wouldn't be too bothered. I'll keep this thread updated though. I do think it's a bit of a strange crime.

I hadn't even thought to call the insurance company. I won't bother though, I'm sure they wouldn't be too bothered. I'll keep this thread updated though. I do think it's a bit of a strange crime.

Why's that? They can fill up their van with £100+ of fuel and get away scot free with your plates used.

GET A crime reference number now mate!! Happened to me last September my 2 plates got stole and I drove to work and hadn't even noticed them missing! As I was running about mad with it dark in the morning with the 2 kids. I contacted the police as soon as I got to work and the scumbags had already stole fuel and broke into 2 different places before I had even got out my bed in the morning! It was off my works Berlino van that has big smiley faces all over it so they couldn't duplicate it although it was a white Berlin go they out them on! After 4 days got about 8 speeding tickets through to the work. The police ended up catching them red handed and I ended up having to go to court in April for it! Although I didn't see anything because it was took from my house I was classified as a witness. They got found guilty. Just make sure you have a crime reference no as you can contact the police very easily that way.

Last edited:
Thanks [MENTION=4447]chris1888-197[/MENTION]. Wow I had no idea the seriousness of the matter. I hope in this case it doesn't go that far. I have got a reference number. Thanks for your advise.

No probs bud. I hope in your case it doesn't go that far! I didn't even notice they were away til I got to work 13 mile journey along the motorway lmao! Guy in work came up to me as I was getting out the car and said your front/back registration plates are missing! Thought he was kidding.

Haha, lucky you wasn't caught. Luckily I noticed straight away. My work says that my car can just about be seen on cctv so hopefully that'll shed some light on what happened.

Had i happen to me on 2 occassions now, not much you can do other than report it and (annoyingly) buy some new plates (unless you have cctv evidence / witness).

Similar Thread Suggestions