Stolen white 200 - nottingham

sorry mate hope all sorts out for you,

Did you get either the meg or the clio back?
Gutted for you bud i have just had the same happen to me both my meg and Clio were nicked i hope they sort it quick for you and if you need any help or advice with insurance if i can help more than happy 2

You have my deepest sympathy mate!! :angry:

I woke up one morning in 2007 to find my house had been burgled and my 12 week old Subaru Impreza had gone along with my jacket, wallet, keys, camera, laptop.... The only consolation was that the 12-year old (!!) that broke in to the house was known to the Police and left DNA in the car and sometime later (about 3 years later!) the Police caught the driver... They both got custodial sentences but my 2,300 mile car was wrecked and it cost me 1,000s... B*stards!!!

Gutted to hear this mate. Really am. Feel sorry for u. I mean anyone getting their house broken into and car stolen is bad but let alone a new low miliage clio 200 which sounds like going from the spec you hadn't had it for long. :worried:

I had low life who decide to ruin people's lives buy stealing their car.

I hope you find it and it's not damaged. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for u bud. :smile:

This is terrible. Its happened loads lately with Renaultsports being stolen. Not accusing anyone on the site but do you think people are searching the forums for pics and locations of the cars? It just seems weird how members of this forum and cliosport are being targeted. Its also weird that nearly all of the robberies include breaking into the house to steal the key cards instead of just breaking into the car. Hope this gets sorted for you pal!

Highly probable that's what's happening. Posted which area I live in on cliosport and then two days later someone tried to break in to mine. Pretty sure they were after the car too because they were careful not to damage anything when trying to get in (luckily) but failed. Mine was the only one in a car park of about 15 card they tried and there's an S3 and a type R live here too.

Not sure why they want Renaultsports so bad - not sure it's worth the risk of getting caught for a 10k average spec hot hatch. Loads of other cars more worthwhile taking surely?

Its getting too common is this now :worried: Hope they find who's done it but they are too light on them when they get caught and only get a slap on wrists.

Am slightly fortunate that mine isn't always kept at same place, It gets rotated between places to park it on a night with having work van and two other cars its rarely at home at moment and I can never find the keys myself when it is, so if they can they are good lol. But if someone wants it they are welcome to it. Got tracker, cctv, house alarmed, car alarmed if they want it that badly will just give them the keys lol

thats bad news :swear:

i for one wont be just handing over my keys that i have worked hard to pay for to any low life....:swear:

Its worrying that its a lot of renaultsports that are getting taken, would be interesting to know how many have been stolen in past 6 months and how many are actually members of cliosport/197.net as it might just be a small number that are members of forum and the theory of someone targeting forums to locate these cars might not be right.

Think it all depends on who/where and when as to if ya should give them the keys or not, I have a friend that woke to a knife at his throat for the keys to his 02 plate civic type r, in all honesty I don't think I would take someone on who has a knife to my throat when car has a tracker..... Just let them go, life or car think life is worth more.

Firstly, I'm so sorry this happened to you bud. Bad bad news, hope it works itself out.

Just wanted to ask, does anyone know the insurance situation around creeper burglaries. I heard a rumour that insurance companies don't pay out on creepers?

Firstly, I'm so sorry this happened to you bud. Bad bad news, hope it works itself out.

Just wanted to ask, does anyone know the insurance situation around creeper burglaries. I heard a rumour that insurance companies don't pay out on creepers?

They should do provided you can prove you took reasonable steps to secure your keys. For example leaving the back door unlocked or a downstairs window ajar might give them an excuse to avoid paying.

Car has been recovered by the police. Apparently no visible damage. Waiting for them to release the car atm. Nervous times... Update to follow soon when I get it back in my possession!

I started locking my keys in a safe that I had installed in my bedroom. It's a ball ache but I ALWAYS know where they are and they'll have to get past me to get them. This came about when a guy 6 doors down had two cars stolen in one go, his and his wifes. The scrotes broke in, took the keys, his wallet, a laptop, his and hers warrant cards (they are both police officers!) and both their phones. It's only happened the once in my area that I know of and it's suspected they were targeted because they were fuzz, but I bought a safe the same day and also invested in deadlocks for the doors and windows! If they want it badly enough it will go I'm sure, but they aren't taking the keys! Hope the cars OK mate.

Hope your car is sound mate, mine was stolen and recovered before I woke up two Fridays ago. I got lucky in that they happened to drive past a parked police car, they probably only had my car for about 5 minutes before it was recovered. Fortunately mine didn't have a scratch on it and according to Renault there's nothing mechanically wrong either. I hope that's the case for you to mate. It's a horrible experience

I started locking my keys in a safe that I had installed in my bedroom. It's a ball ache but I ALWAYS know where they are and they'll have to get past me to get them.

Thats ok until you wake up in the middle of the night with two thugs stood over you with a knife.

Risk I'm willing to take, if they want a four year old Clio that badly to risk coming upstairs to find them I'll gladly give them the keys!