Stephen's 200T - SOLD!

I think the intercooler is a must the be honest

I guess it will probably be thicker (more cores) compared to standard as there isn't much room to expand width ways across the front of the cat

Virtually no room width ways tbh, was looking earlier. I dont really no anything about intercoolers, being the first turbo car I've played around with..

Look at all the work you had to do to an old 200 to get in excess of 220bhp.....

With the new one it's a case of plug and computer in for an hour and boom! 40bhp!

Not bad for a 1.6

I was thinking that earlier lol, think I got under 10bhp when I had my 200 mapped with a decatted exhaust system and air filter.. Play with the boost and a few other bits on a turbo and the figures rocket..

My turbo is now running safely at 1.3 bar, Paul said it wont take much higher than that.

You'd be surprised. Chances are it'll be thicker. But, I have seen some that if they can't go wider, they make them taller.

I think the thicker, smaller ones are better as they tend to be right in the grill area getting all the cool air.

First image i could find with a standard against upgrade

4113CDBEINTERCOOLER.jpg

Well the more surface area there is the better but that won't be possible with our cars due to the limited space. so next best option is a higher capacity i/c with more cores to cool the increase of air the turbo is now sucking in do to the map making it work harder.

The charge temps need to be a cool as possible to get the best/safest performance

That's why I'm going decat down pipe too as the heat build up post turbo is crazy as that's where the most restriction is......

Decat down pipe and upgraded intercooler then I'll get mine mapped. Better safe than sorry

Its bad as I want to buy a house but I'm so tempted to push for more now, hybrid turbo ect :oops:

Trying to convince [MENTION=4600]Stevoox[/MENTION] to do the same lol.

Well the more surface area there is the better but that won't be possible with our cars due to the limited space. so next best option is a higher capacity i/c with more cores to cool the increase of air the turbo is now sucking in do to the map making it work harder.

The charge temps need to be a cool as possible to get the best/safest performance

That's why I'm going decat down pipe too as the heat build up post turbo is crazy as that's where the most restriction is......

Decat down pipe and upgraded intercooler then I'll get mine mapped. Better safe than sorry

I was looking at the Supersprint earlier from @Fernandez, £1280 for the setup I'd go for.... want!

Cool :smile:

it might be be worth you contacting Airtec and see if you could be a development car? They're brilliant intercoolers and I don't think there's one for the 200T with them yet

They got back to me this morning, they have already thought about it for this car and said its a good idea. They want my car for 2-3 days to do some drawings and then develop a prototype, then once its made they will have my car back for fitting :d

Tempted by one of these now. Local garage doesn't have one to test drive. Seems like they aren't even trying to sell them.

What's the deal with finance and moding?

Tempted by one of these now. Local garage doesn't have one to test drive. Seems like they aren't even trying to sell them.

What's the deal with finance and moding?
I'd recommend the car tbh. Even more so with the map. Litterally like a different car, feels so much quicker.. I was still considering selling the car but there's no way I'm getting rid now.. In love and perfect for me, nearly anyway lol... H&R's being bought and maybe spacers next lol.

Tbh though, I don't think the car sold amazing well.. last time I saw something there was 700 odd 200T's sold compared to 5000+ Fiesta ST's.. Hence why there on every street but oh well lol..

In terms of finance and modifications, I know you can do anything that is reversable to factory standard on most finance policies.

Obviously the map has voided my warrantee though.

Last edited:
Looking for new brake pads at the moment, thinking about EBC Greenstuff, but just noticed at the bottom of the description it says for vehicles over 200bhp to go for Redstuff.

Thing is, they don't make the Redstuff for the 200T yet by the looks of it and only others are Yellowstuff...

Thoughts?

Also I think my cars going into Airtec this Saturday for cooler development :smile:

Last edited:
Think it was EBC redstuff the previous owner of my car used to use. Had them in his R26.R and they melted due to the heat causing brake failure. (thats my 2 pence :smile: )

The other colours i dont know too much about but am sure others will

Do CL make pads for the 200T? Best pad I've ever had on a car.

They do but their serious money... £200 for a set of pads seems a bit high?

If they are that good I'll splash out but seemed silly when the EBC's are around £60ish?

Have you found the oem pads lacking?

I'm sure I remember someone identifying what other model(s) use the same pads if you're going to look at aftermarket.

Have you found the oem pads lacking?

I'm sure I remember someone identifying what other model(s) use the same pads if you're going to look at aftermarket.

I think the OEM brakes are quality tbh. Better than my old 200's imo.

Will have a look around.

Thanks!

I think I remember reading it on the rs forum ages ago, can't be too many threads to search!

Mine still have plenty of meat left, and the tyres have lasted pretty well too. I'm quite happy, and impressed, with Renaults choice of consumables this time around, well other than the silly tyre size

I think I remember reading it on the rs forum ages ago, can't be too many threads to search!

Mine still have plenty of meat left, and the tyres have lasted pretty well too. I'm quite happy, and impressed, with Renaults choice of consumables this time around, well other than the silly tyre size

Yeah I want some Nankangs but you can't get them in the correct size to directly replace the Dunlop's but oh well.

My tyres and pads have only lasted 6000 miles since I bought the car, but that does include a few laps round the ring and a fair bit of hard driving.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1