Stains on stickers

Yiannis197

Paid Member
Hello there, just a quick one. I've got some white spots on all the stickers around my R27 (except the roof ones strangely enough) which at first I thought it was dirt but apparently I was wrong. I tried to clean them but no luck. I don't know why and how they appeared (I didn't use any products/wax etc) but they did and it's really annoying, especially when the car is clean:worried:

Any ideas of how could I remove them? Any products? Thanks a lot.

I have the same issue with mine. I find that using autoglym fast glass brings the marks off with a bit of rubbing, and then to prevent them re-appearing I wax over the stickers. Keeps the white marks at bay for a couple of weeks.

I'd try some AG vinyl & rubber care on them. I'd put money on that bring them up as new. The white spots imo will be lime scale from your water supply, look inside your kettle :wink:

I'd try some AG vinyl & rubber care on them. I'd put money on that bring them up as new. The white spots imo will be lime scale from your water supply, look inside your kettle :wink:

Couldnt of said it better myself. When i first got mine i noticed this and it is rather annoying.

Pretty much any decent car cleaning agent will get it off.

Thanks for your responses guys. Yeah it's definitely limescale and it must have happened when I washed the car in a sunny day and water dried up bedore wiping it. I'll def try the product you suggested:smile: hope they go away. Any ideas from where I could get it? Halfords?

Here is a pic

securedownload.jpg

Last edited:
Im having exactly the same problem with my LY. They look awful. Thought after a good clean they might go but they didnt :/ at the moment they are only appearing on my door decals and not on the roof or the bumpers so will definately get some of this to try and get rid of them :smile:

I get them on mine. Clean your car, let it dry then use a normal pencil rubber (White one). This removes them completely. Same trick also removes wax marks from plastic trim.

i used something called a 'magic' sponge when i had my megane got them off straight away try not to rub the paint around it though may cause light scatches

Similar Thread Suggestions