Spare £60k anyone?

If you knew what I paid for my R27 you guys would be telling me I was crazy. To me it's about getting the best low mileage example I can afford. Theses cars become artwork to their owners and if that's what makes them happy then so be it. Renault tempt us with these special cars then don't make them then we're dissapointed. The fact the V6 is special and this one is in showroom condition with less than 1k miles makes it even more special. I see the 2 sides to the story here, just some people appreciate cars differently. I suppose I'm the selfish side where I want the car for my benefit and would rather know that I had a mint car and appreciate it for that rather than drive it and the other side would rather appreciate a car for how it drives and not worry too much about wear and tear.

Look Guys it's a car and not one of renaultsport better handling ones we (I) buys cars to drive rag track if I purchased a Oil painting I'd look at it.So a team at Renault spent probably months designing the chassis steering and the rest of the car to abuse the monkeys out of it.So as long as I can drive I'll do my upmost to uphold drive it like my life depend on it

Reactions: Cossers and ///M
Look Guys it's a car and not one of renaultsport better handling ones we (I) buys cars to drive rag track if I purchased a Oil painting I'd look at it.So a team at Renault spent probably months designing the chassis steering and the rest of the car to abuse the monkeys out of it.So as long as I can drive I'll do my upmost to uphold drive it like my life depend on it

Have to agree with this to an extent, I don't ring the neck out of my cars but I do like to drive them, at the end of the day that's what they are for, my initial super clean of the r27 is over and I'm really enjoying driving it :smile: it's a car I've found that I will put the foot down and hold longer in gears than any other one ever owned! It really has been a revelation the more I've driven it, I'll be honest, as much as I love the Vxr which cost me 5 times as much, I'm toying with the idea of keeping the r27, selling the Vxr and going down the 997.2 or 991.1 route as I still have a soft spot for them! It really has made that much of an impression.

Have to agree with this to an extent, I don't ring the neck out of my cars but I do like to drive them, at the end of the day that's what they are for, my initial super clean of the r27 is over and I'm really enjoying driving it :smile: it's a car I've found that I will put the foot down and hold longer in gears than any other one ever owned! It really has been a revelation the more I've driven it, I'll be honest, as much as I love the Vxr which cost me 5 times as much, I'm toying with the idea of keeping the r27, selling the Vxr and going down the 997.2 or 991.1 route as I still have a soft spot for them! It really has made that much of an impression.

This is a VERY good decision!

:smiley:

There's nothing like a big revvy NA engine in a little car. Once you get used to using the revs it's plenty quick enough too. Love driving ours. Especially with all the new bits on.

What is the point in owning a car that is never driven? Like having the best mrs in the world and bragging to your mates that you cuddle.

I understand car collecting to an extent but what frustrates me is that all the cars like this get bought up by collectors, which means if you were someone that wanted to actually drive one it ends up getting priced out of reach. Look at the GT3RS as an example, would love one but they never depreciate so chances of ever owning one are slim. Why don't they depreciate? Because they are a popular car, yes in part, but largely because the majority of owners lock them away knowing they can make some more cash a few years down the line.

What is the point in owning a car that is never driven? Like having the best mrs in the world and bragging to your mates that you cuddle.

I understand car collecting to an extent but what frustrates me is that all the cars like this get bought up by collectors, which means if you were someone that wanted to actually drive one it ends up getting priced out of reach. Look at the GT3RS as an example, would love one but they never depreciate so chances of ever owning one are slim. Why don't they depreciate? Because they are a popular car, yes in part, but largely because the majority of owners lock them away knowing they can make some more cash a few years down the line.

Oh I can really relate to this, as I and ///M know, some people really piss me off the way they go about getting cars and their intent when they do get them, I was sooo looking to ge my hands on a Cayman gt4 but they seem to have all been sold to ***** that just want to flip them for 30+k profit, what annoyed me even more is that some Porsche garages are actually helping the owners do this!

I actually had it out with a salesman about it! So someone who doesn't actually want the car to drive, gets on the list and keeps me off it, then the car arrives and they want to sell it for 30k more and price me out and the Porsche garage they order it from facilitate this but helping them sell it!

Reactions: Sean197
Oh I can really relate to this, as I and ///M know, some people really piss me off the way they go about getting cars and their intent when they do get them, I was sooo looking to ge my hands on a Cayman gt4 but they seem to have all been sold to ***** that just want to flip them for 30+k profit

Saw a few Cayman GT4's at Spa, properly having the tits ragged off them. Conversely, a McLaren and a few Ferraris did a few sighting laps then parked up in their garage and didn't go out again for the rest of the session! As you said, absolutely no point whatsoever.

Reactions: Cossers
Saw a few Cayman GT4's at Spa, properly having the tits ragged off them. Conversely, a McLaren and a few Ferraris did a few sighting laps then parked up in their garage and didn't go out again for the rest of the session! As you said, absolutely no point whatsoever.

What did they sound like? Sadly ill probably never get the chance to hear one from the drivers seat :-(

Oh I can really relate to this, as I and ///M know, some people really piss me off the way they go about getting cars and their intent when they do get them, I was sooo looking to ge my hands on a Cayman gt4 but they seem to have all been sold to ***** that just want to flip them for 30+k profit, what annoyed me even more is that some Porsche garages are actually helping the owners do this!

I actually had it out with a salesman about it! So someone who doesn't actually want the car to drive, gets on the list and keeps me off it, then the car arrives and they want to sell it for 30k more and price me out and the Porsche garage they order it from facilitate this but helping them sell it!

Funny how that insufferable tw@ Schmee managed to get one no problem huh? Idiot can barely drive!

Reactions: Cossers
SO the best looking Porker!

It looked nice, but I've always looked at non-911 Porsches and thought "ah, guy can't afford a 911", which I know is not the case but just something I've always had at the back of my mind being a 911 fanboy.

Funny how that insufferable tw@ Schmee managed to get one no problem huh? Idiot can barely drive!

Have to say he does get under my skin too, guess what, he sold it on! As Sean says cu&t

They sounded great I must admit, looked great too

hEC9JEE.jpg

There is so much o like about this pic! The arse end on a v6 exige in the have to have colour, a 500 griff, ceramic kitted ( I think 997tt) and that gt4! Just made and didn't make my day that :smile:(

Reactions: ///M
Have to say he does get under my skin too, guess what, he sold it on! As Sean says cu&t

There is so much o like about this pic! The arse end on a v6 exige in the have to have colour, a 500 griff, ceramic kitted ( I think 997tt) and that gt4! Just made and didn't make my day that :smile:(

You forgot about my Clio with the bonnet up :wink: haha The Exige was mega, didn't see it out on track though! I did see this, which looked great with the carbon aero bits.

CSMP6gk.jpg

Reactions: ///M and Cossers
I think I saw as many GT4's at the ring as I did 911's. It highlights what a capable platform the Cayman is, if you look at a lot of what Porsche is working on these days there is substantial amount in terms of R&D going into the "lower end" cars that I think the next gens of the Cayman and Boxster will be substantially more appealing to even the 911 owner.

It looked nice, but I've always looked at non-911 Porsches and thought "ah, guy can't afford a 911", which I know is not the case but just something I've always had at the back of my mind being a 911 fanboy.

Ha, I look at it as "at least it's not a 911"

:smiley:

And for the price of the GT4 you could have a pretty high end 911. I wouldn't say no to a decent 964 though!