Spare £60k anyone?

Good luck to the owner, if I spent 60k or whatever it sold for on a clio I would slap myself. The V6's haven't aged well at all IMO, and look like hot wheels cars. One drove past me a few weeks ago and I didn't realise it was a v6 until it was right in front of me, didn't even sound good.

I understand everyone has different opinions and 2/3 years ago I would have loved one, but not even for todays bottom dollar price. Still just a clio.

I think even when they were new you had to buy with your heart over your head, when they dropped to the £15k mark they were a bargain as no one had really foreseen the hot hatch bubble, the ones for sale on pistonheads have been so for ages now so maybe that says it all.

Those who bought for the love of a RWD clio won't really care that the value has rocketed as they will probably never part with them, £60k is a bit nuts but didn't a 205gti sell for silly money at auction recently? Now that is totally bonkers!

I don't think the V6 has aged too badly, I haven't seen one on the road for ages and I'd still be tempted by a lunar grey Mk 2 with recaros... Mmmmm :money: