Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Seats and decal all look good mate. Well done. Now just make sure your trimmer gets his arse into gear, unlike mine!

Simon - who are you using out of interest ? (PM me if you'd rather).

I did email Capital seating (Who sell the Recaro covers - and are authorised by Recaro to do retrims) last night out of curiosity......

Last edited:
nice little touch as always Syer..got myself a sunstrip and will be trying to fit it soon..any advice on doing so??

thanks

nice little touch as always Syer..got myself a sunstrip and will be trying to fit it soon..any advice on doing so??

thanks

Yes get someone experienced to do it - unless you love bubbles !

To be fair - i got one spot of a few bubbles. And i couldnt get rid of them. Hence mine ended up in a ball on the garage floor :smile:

Be interested to hear if you have more luck than me.........

Excellent Shuv, really glad you're happy with them! The condition of them does look good from the photos, although it's good they're not too 'mint', so they're ripe for the retrim :wink:

I can't see the photos of the decal for some reason :worried: although I'm liking the mini decal on the tailgate :wink: and that bootspace is impressively neat!

Big thumbs up overall from me Shuv!

Love the seats mate :smile: dark grey alcantara on seat base and middle of back, provided it will wear well in the diamond pattern) black leather sides, possibly a nice light grey stitching on the black leather and alcantara? Honestly, keep it subtle mate but at the end of the day it's totally up to you :smile:

And at the risk of you falling out with me, not a fan of the badge mate :-( think you had the balance right!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Love the seats mate :smile: dark grey alcantara on seat base and middle of back, provided it will wear well in the diamond pattern) black leather sides, possibly a nice light grey stitching on the black leather and alcantara? Honestly, keep it subtle mate but at the end of the day it's totally up to you :smile:

And at the risk of you falling out with me, not a fan of the badge mate :-( think you had the balance right!

Loving the seat ideas. Im with you all the way.....so to speak :smile: Subtle about conveys my thoughts too. Would like it to 'blend-in' and not be too 'look at me'.

And if i couldn't handle the answer ref the decal. I wouldnt ask the question ! I do like the extra Yellow. And while i like it visually per-se - i can well see how it could also be OTT in someone elses eyes. Yours for starters it appears.

I'll leave for a week or so to see if my thoughts change. Cheers muchly for your thoughts though - i don't think we're likely to fall out over a sticker :thumb:

No surprise at all Mes. Them 'games' aren't for me. I'm just not 100% myself yet ! But i am favouring a very dark grey / anthracite / gunmetal / shade halfway between dashboard and rear seats in my mind. And pretty much always have done. Very likely i'll only have the 'RECARO' stitched back in again. ie: No RENAULT sport.

I'm going to see the trimmer Tuesday. Going to ask his advice on a couple of things ; like colour (Hopefully he'll have some swatches i can run out to my car), how different colours might show wear, his own opinion on stitching and colour, will having 'Diamonds' stitched into them give big high spots and hence wear potential etc etc etc.

Theres alot to ask before im going to commit to anything - even if I THINK i know what i want.......

Firstly, your engine bay always blows me away. Credit to you and it looks bloody glorious. Oh and I like the little decal too. Attention to detail is what makes the good cars. All the little things add up.

So battleship grey alcantara centres and black leather outers... awesome. Very front bit of the base in leather right? Contrast stitching in silver? Stitched logo in silver? Or debossed logo?

As for sitting in them, yeah they're a half way house. But a really really perfect one. Recliner, comfortable, look amazing, a bit lighter than OEM, epic cool points considering the high end cars they're used in... They're just brilliant. Sure, maybe not as deep bucketed at you were expecting but they're far more liveable.

Ps, how are the plastics? Looks ok in the photos.

Firstly, your engine bay always blows me away. Credit to you and it looks bloody glorious. Oh and I like the little decal too. Attention to detail is what makes the good cars. All the little things add up.

So battleship grey alcantara centres and black leather outers... awesome. Very front bit of the base in leather right? Contrast stitching in silver? Stitched logo in silver? Or debossed logo?

As for sitting in them, yeah they're a half way house. But a really really perfect one. Recliner, comfortable, look amazing, a bit lighter than OEM, epic cool points considering the high end cars they're used in... They're just brilliant. Sure, maybe not as deep bucketed at you were expecting but they're far more liveable.

Ps, how are the plastics? Looks ok in the photos.

The exact colours and materials are going round in my head so fast i'm getting dizzy enough for one day. I have plenty of time to ponder that. He's at least 5 weeks away. Im on hols early June. So collection early July would suit - and give me another pay-day. But if its glitz and jazz anyone comes here looking for and expecting. Try another thread :smile: I'm going more fit in with the current interior, practicality and re-sale potential.

What i am torn over is the backs. Whats 'normal' procedure if doing a re-trim / if they are marked ? [Mine really aren't - just open to suggestions while i'm at all of this]. Paint ? Paint and then dip ? Alcantara ?

What did strike me......just like Micah said (Thank-you for the tips ref loading, blankets etc etc bud)..... is these things (With the runners etc) are HEAVY. The seat might be light'ish. The metal-work isnt ! The back-end of my car visibly dropped with both seats in the boot. And they aren't soft springs either.

Anyone got any idea how much the weight saving is on a like-for-like basis compared to the standard set-up ? (Seats, runners all inclusive).

Plastics are really good Mes. Far better than i expected or deserved with what i paid compared to some used pairs. With a bit of a detail i think they'll be 'very good'.

The only thing i really noticed was a bit of rust coming through on the 2 little oblong feet on the both runners. To be honest when i looked at mine currently in the car; they had the same. Shows most of that came through studying an item you don't normally look at too hard. Nothing an hour, some sandpaper and a quality satin Black paint won't sort.

Reactions: Micah and ///M
Lol, some food for thought On designs

Love these
IMG_1031_zpsqxda8n4r.jpg[/URL]

And these, both a bit different, sorry pic is small, couldn't find bigger

IMG_1032_zps1jyoezo0.jpg[/URL]

Both are fabulous. And compare with my very favourite design / stitching.

8_zps2hjyqi8v.jpg

I'm just a little 'worried' the raised diamonds might be inclined to wear more / cause sagging compared to a standard flat panel. And if i then re-sell on - im then appealing to an individuals taste a little more too.

Or maybe i go balls out, get the Renault stitching and the design i'd have if nothing else mattered :smile:

Reactions: Gordini and Cossers
Oh yes, in for a penny...........

http://www.clio197.net/threads/darknesstech-carbon-seat-backs.55244/

I like the partial diamond pattern, love the arched panels in the lite tan coloured seats, I think this little detail on the top of the diamonds on the back and ending the diamonds on the base makes them look very expensive!

It's got such a great balance of detail, nothing over powers the other, the are in the diamonds in the alcantara and the bit from the arches (inc them) in leather??

Jeeez I want a set now!

Last edited:
Ooooo - yes please :smile:

Or i get to see them on the 14th don't i.........
If all goes to plan then yes. Car is going in for a new steering wheel and akra tip and to see if they can work out why the redline beep doesnt work. Cant imagine them having it for more than 2 days. Or ill be seriously pissed