Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Don't know how I missed all the updates! Cars looking great, and I did laugh at the green brake line comment...
hope you get the seats sorted soon mate, echoing everyone's comments.... patience of a saint!
Keep up the good work, probably the cleanest car on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: sevenfourate
Don't know how I missed all the updates! Cars looking great, and I did laugh at the green brake line comment...
hope you get the seats sorted soon mate, echoing everyone's comments.... patience of a saint!
Keep up the good work, probably the cleanest car on the forum.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.

Seats were 60%+ done when I popped in unannounced last night. Both bases finished, all parts for both uppers cut and one upper 60% stitched together. And looking great. He may be shite at communication and time management - but the quality was great.

I'm awaiting updated progress pics as we speak.

Cheers for the cool comments. Just trying to do anything and everything to the best of my ability.....-)

Reactions: kevlar
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.

Seats were 60%+ done when I popped in unannounced last night. Both bases finished, all parts for both uppers cut and one upper 60% stitched together. And looking great. He may be shite at communication and time management - but the quality was great.

I'm awaiting updated progress pics as we speak.

Cheers for the cool comments. Just trying to do anything and everything to the best of my ability.....-)

Oooh time to get excited again then! Hopefully won't be long now. Well it's the little things that count and you're doing it right. I do like the 172 engine cover sticker, nice little touch.

Radio came out no issues (Bloody tight fit with zero space around or behind it mind)......only to find out the aerial is a non-standard connection as it sits. An adaptor lead might be available; but without some hacking-around of the plastic behind the radio i'm 100% sure the standard wiring, the booster-box and and leads; and an adaptor lead won't all go back in again.

So for the moment i chucked it back in as it was and buried my head in the sand :sunglasses:

So. Not much achieved at all really - but unless you try you wont know. And at least i topped up the tan on my arms :smile:

To get ANYTHING behind the headunit you need to remove the glovebox and tuck the excess wiring behind it. It's a pain in the arse but actually very simple! I had the same issue when I swapped to a DAB headunit - I needed somewhere to put the wiring/plugs for the steering wheel controls.

Oooh time to get excited again then! Hopefully won't be long now. Well it's the little things that count and you're doing it right. I do like the 172 engine cover sticker, nice little touch.

This is a true progress thread. A lot of routine stuff in here along with hints, tips, links to parts bought, a few one off oddments / brackets / Carbon bits under the hood: plus of course some reasonable mods along the way. Anyway.

17 months, 108 pages, a lot of ££££ and a horrendous amount of man-hours chasing achievable perfection re detailing etc and your highlight is my £2.50 eBay sticker.

It's shit like this that makes it all worthwhile :smile:

This is a true progress thread. A lot of routine stuff in here along with hints, tips, links to parts bought, a few one off oddments / brackets / Carbon bits under the hood: plus of course some reasonable mods along the way. Anyway.

17 months, 108 pages, a lot of ££££ and a horrendous amount of man-hours chasing achievable perfection re detailing etc and your highlight is my £2.50 eBay sticker.

Ruthless audience.

Cheers buddy :smile:

Mate im fully aware of how mine changes in reality let alone on film. (Last few dull days it's been the darkest Blue i've ever seen it i think]....and i'm also aware of how either of my two camera's; or my phone makes a huge difference to how it appears on here. My iphone 7 always makes it look shades and shades darker. Irrespective of the fact it might be a really bright day and the car appearing in its palest form. Apart from close-ups, engine shots, parts pictures etc - i refuse to use it on full shots now.

If you looked back over this thread, you'd see i have more shades of Blue captured than you'd imagine ever existed. The pic above of mine was on a truly scorchio day with bright light and clear skies. If yours was on a dull day and the pic 100% un-edited...it's not hard to see how the huge void between them came about.

***Been in to see my seat guy after work. He may be slow. But by christ he's good :smile: He should be sending me some pics shortly....

I've never known a car change colour like the RB does. Ok, maybe Lotus Military Grey but that has the advantage of being metallic. Love how different it can look.

AWESOME to see a positive seat update Shuv!!! The old saying of "good things comes to those who wait" is true.

Can't wait to see them in the car!

Excellent news on the seats Shuv, very pleased for you that you're happy with the quality so far. Sounds like it's going to be good enough to be able to forgive him for the delays :wink:

What stickers this?? The one I threatened to peal off in the dead of night sometime:ninja:

my looks different at different times of the day too..good spot Mes..Chris's LY looks diff too..he could tell

Yeah when you put Ly next to each other from differing models you can tell... think it's the percentage of silver flek they put in it!

I'm behind the times with pictures from my re-trimmer unfortunately.

Both bases are 100% completed. The first seat-back is stitched together and being fitted first thing tomorrow morning. So thats one seat finished.

For anyone genuinely interested in the process like i am......here are the individual parts for one back; measured, marked, cut, semi-assembled / formed and laid out ready for final stitching:

36233700844_961a8977cb_b.jpg

I'm behind the times with pictures from my re-trimmer unfortunately.

Both bases are 100% completed. The first seat-back is stitched together and being fitted first thing tomorrow morning. So thats one seat finished.

For anyone genuinely interested in the process like i am......here are the individual parts for one back; measured, marked, cut, semi-assembled / formed and laid out ready for final stitching:

View attachment 113441

Bloody hell so many bits?!?

I'm sure your getting a jigsaw mate.... that's why your getting so many photos from him!

He's not done a Recaro CS before. He also said it required a lot of focus to do well and had a lot of components compared to most / some / commonly done seats....

Compounded by the fact the rubber strip around the outside thats stitched on and holds the clips that finally secure each panel into place; has had to be carefully removed from the original cloth and crafted back onto the new leather sections accordingly.

***Hoping you're wrong and I didn't sign up for the budget build: you get back in component form with a couple of needles and a reel of stitching. Or we really will be along time waiting for completion !

Reactions: cpaterson76
:tonguewink:
Shuv I'm hijacking your thread for a second but you'll find this interesting. So this is one of our coaches...it's RS Liquid Yellow. No joke. Seriously.

Wouldn't fancy paying for R.S. side-skirts on that :tonguewink:

Needs lowering and spacers first anyway.

I know they say some of the earlier R.S. models were a bit of a bus compared to the nimble modern Clio's - but this is ridiculous.....