Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Hi mate, your quiet! You slacking?

Ha ha. Tell you what man.....You're on my case ! :smile:

Posties been today ***Just add seats (Big Orange Recaro decals for passenger and maybe drivers base. Smaller for rear's underneath the harness cutouts). Couldn't decide on colour for latter: so swung both ways. Dark looking ones actually being a light grey..

And a pair of decent quality insulated and fused 3.3ohm Resistors - although if doing via clip is easy and cheap enough locally; i would prefer and may go that route:

36416597580_22119c7e4c_b.jpg

And just sent my trimmer-guy a text. That's not entirely 'appropriate' or safe to post here though :rage:

Reactions: Benno
Lol, Think they will look well and easily peeled off if you don't like them! Cool yellow resistors! Lol

I take it the trimmer is still cutting one strip of leather a week? Jeeez feel for you, esp you as I know what your like! I'd say when they are finished you'll forget about all the hassle and just think 'they were worth all that grief!'

I feel so bad as I've done nothing to mine at all, I'm doing up the kitchen, utility and sunroom, i.e. Gutted and everything new, it's took me so much time as I'm a bit of a perfectionist! Hope to have it sorted in the next two weeks and be able to spend a bit of time on the Clio again

Reactions: sevenfourate
Lol, Think they will look well and easily peeled off if you don't like them! Cool yellow resistors! Lol

I take it the trimmer is still cutting one strip of leather a week? Jeeez feel for you, esp you as I know what your like! I'd say when they are finished you'll forget about all the hassle and just think 'they were worth all that grief!'

I feel so bad as I've done nothing to mine at all, I'm doing up the kitchen, utility and sunroom, i.e. Gutted and everything new, it's took me so much time as I'm a bit of a perfectionist! Hope to have it sorted in the next two weeks and be able to spend a bit of time on the Clio again

I asked for regular updates via pictures.

One to document it and because i'm genuinely interested in the process. And two to chivvy him along !

I was quoted £5-£600. From the off i said 'Do the best job you've ever done' and i'll happily pay you £600. (I supplied Leather BTW).

Now me being me presumed a one man band, sitting at home in his workshop - he'd complete in a week or so and make a nice cash-wage doing so. Next week will be week 3.

Does this mean i'm going to get 'done' for paying less than the minimum wage ? :tearsofjoy:

Sounds a pretty big project bud. You need to get some pics up when you're done. To kind of show the massive; and explain to us why Clio progress is lacking :smile: Roll on two weeks time hey. Whats happening in Clio-land then to take up your time ?

Reactions: Cossers
TBH, I haven't a clue! Your going to love this, I still haven't managed to get your carbon expansion cover on yet!:ninja: Still thinking of the coded door handles and painting the calipers, possibly yellow with anthracite badges, back calipers need a referb and possibly new discs

The biggy is the next service, full belts and pump! I'm skin flint at the mo so no big plans, had to set money aside to finish off the outside too, kerbing and tar along the front!

Yes it's been a big project in the house, more or less (by the end of the year) full front to back referb!

Saying that it does look very well, nice space to spend time in :smile:

Your going to love this, I still haven't managed to get your carbon expansion cover on yet!:ninja:

And i'm the slacker ? :smile:

Meanwhile:

36678022201_21b70f4936_b.jpg

"Mark" on the inside of the right bolster looks like his white wax crayon he uses to mark stuff out. Least i hope so.....!

Pics i got sent were poor quality - and i have had to add some exposure to make them semi-viewable. In reality the colour of the leather is probably slightly darker than pictured. It's called "Anthracite"....so you can imagine i'm sure.

Lol, the mark is the first thing I spotted! Thought oh no it's going to be a sad story here! Glad it's just his markings :smile: looks lovely I must say, I'd love to go leather, was near going for it before I decided on 'the referb' lol.

Any ideas about a finish date on them? Near afraid to ask :-(

Is 'Saint Shuv' losing his patience yet? I'm sure they will be mint, but would be feeling a bit pissed myself on the wait.

Losing no. Lost yes.

He incurred my wrath first thing this Tuesday after I called his bluff. I told him straight that I'm collecting Friday 8th Sept 'ready or not'.

Which could be an apt term: as this was beginning to turn into the Worlds hardest and longest game of hide-and-seek ever....

Fingers crossed he pulls his finger out. But either way they are coming home with me.

Reactions: Pav, suj and kevlar
Losing no. Lost yes.

He incurred my wrath first thing this Tuesday after I called his bluff. I told him straight that I'm collecting Friday 8th Sept 'ready or not'.

Which could be an apt term: as this was beginning to turn into the Worlds hardest and longest game of hide-and-seek ever....

Fingers crossed he pulls his finger out. But either way they are coming home with me.

Bloody hell mate. Sorry you've had to resort to such drastic measures. Not good at all. Sure, it seems he's had a bit of a hard time of it recently but he still has a business to run and paid customers to look after. Definitely needs to pull his finger out!

Everything crossed for you that he does just that and your seats are ready an looking awesome at the end of next week.

Bloody hell mate. Sorry you've had to resort to such drastic measures. Not good at all. Sure, it seems he's had a bit of a hard time of it recently but he still has a business to run and paid customers to look after. Definitely needs to pull his finger out!

Everything crossed for you that he does just that and your seats are ready an looking awesome at the end of next week.

Cheers Mes.

IF (And I think the seats will be ready. And lovely) I have to go backwards to go forwards I'm ready to do that.

There comes a point at which reason, sense, waiting patiently in the queue and being the nice guy all the time loses its appeal....

Cheers Mes.

IF (And I think the seats will be ready. And lovely) I have to go backwards to go forwards I'm ready to do that.

There comes a point at which reason, sense, waiting patiently in the queue and being the nice guy all the time loses its appeal....

Fully agree mate. I'm a man of principle. If it means a bit of grief to remain true to myself, I'll do that gladly.

Hoping it doesn't come to that at all mate and in about a week we see some photos of your car with some gorgeous new seats.

Hope he pulls his finger out and gets these sorted for you Shuv! Sometimes being the nice guy isn't always the best option and I think you've done the right thing by giving him that ultimatum.

Good luck mate and I hope you're picking up your lovely completed seats next week!

hope he pulls his finger out and finishes them before that!!
what a t**t though..hate people taking the piss plus he is getting paid..hope you accidentally break some of his stuff in his work shop :chris2: