Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Shuv I'm hijacking your thread for a second but you'll find this interesting. So this is one of our coaches...it's RS Liquid Yellow. No joke. Seriously.

647c42e6274226b890d5b7596a248a4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't look like LY - looks a matt finish at the front!

Doesn't look like LY - looks a matt finish at the front!

Honestly is! I was astounded when I was told, but it really is. The one next to it is an 02 plate and the boss couldn't match the metallic finish, RS LY was the closest they could get. Probably why the 5 repair jobs on the rear end are all different shades of yellow.......wasn't me..:innocent:

Reactions: Chris
Bang-on-schedule new pew's got delivered today.

36964828621_46f1902dc8_b.jpg

36271010484_b1e2954c5d_b.jpg

There's a little 'gathering' of the Leather near the shoulders. But they'll look like that after a few weeks useage anyway - and as @///M and me well agreed.....these are hand-crafted, bespoke items and its called character. I'm more than happy. Quality is excellent and i'm so glad i bought the best leather available and didn't skimp.

And overall the fitment / finish is probably better than i imagined. Leather colour and texture was a good choice i think. ***Does look a little glossy in the light in some pics. It isn't in reality.

So firstly i set about the plastics with CarPro PERL (Excellent choice and thanks for the recommendations) and with a few other products gave them the clean-up from hell prior to fitment:

36293559913_63fbeea302_b.jpg

36271008514_8b8eb22bee_b.jpg

For seats from an older 197.....they are in amazing condition, feel solid and all mechanisms work faultlessly.
The only detriment was a spot or two of rust on just the outer two runner-feet of both seats - from where rain has sat on them after doors being opened mid-shower i suspect.

Me being me - i'd planned ahead and had some Hammerite Satin Spray paint ready to go. So i got them up at working height; sanded the feet smooth, masked off and gave them 3 coats of paint:

36964821821_227a86f937_b.jpg

36293558963_54963478ff_b.jpg

They can sit like this all weekend and dry now; ready for fitting Monday afternoon.

36293557873_7b1fae0500_b.jpg

not jealous at all..there's not a lot to ad just fit them and share some more photos..im really happy for you Syer as this has been a long wait for you..you deserve to have a proper drive out in them this weekend!!:thumb::thumb:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Fuck me sideways.

They are bang on.

Look worth the considerable time, effort and money(!) that's been put into them.

Pleased for you mate.

Get em in and get out in it:grinning:

Hurrah! Awesome looking beasts, and don't mind the effect around the shoulders anyway - you must buy a red velvet smoking jacket and some corduroy slacks for cigars and cognac, would fit right in (excuse the pun) but I suppose you're gonna have to put them in the car :wink:

Really chuffed for you Shuv! They really are superb. Personally I think the gathering near the shoulders is an asset. Real handmade craftsmanship. Looking forward to seeing them fitted.

Sorry - alot going on here tonight. But thanks for the kind words on the seats guys.

Was it worth a 4 month wait ? Possibly not. They are pretty cool though; so roll on Monday.

Yeah this could be an issue now...trying to work out if I can afford a pair of these, they are tidy as fook!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mate they look sublime :hearteyes:

So pleased you've finally got hold of them. Bet you can't wait to get your backside in them!!

Chuffed for you bud!

Thanks Chris.

Just as well i'm busy all weekend or the wait to park my posterior would be excruciating !