Sean's 197T - RIP Albi :(

Yes - passenger side of the bonnet would seem to be a no go as that's where the upc lives, but I do like the idea of two subtle rows, one either side like this:
pmxhypMv.jpg

I've thought about central, near the scuttle edge of the bonnet, or even a combination of both side and centre. I don't think water would be an issue on the move, more when stationary, but I'd get the vents done on a second bonnet anyway so if it was pissing rain I could plan ahead and swap back to standard
This looks alright too

dsadasda_zps7ba2f8xq.jpg

No. The clio is overkill lol

Reactions: Sean197
Nah not a fan of the RS vents on litchy's old car, I'm all for function over form but those are too much and wouldn't suit my car.

I'm fairly confident the vents in the wings are designed expel hot air

ETA:

Picture2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy
Laguna gear knob fitted last night. Got it from a German guy on ebay for £40 delivered, brand new and still in the Renault parts bag. First morning with it today, and it's bloody freezing! It does make gear changes a lot better though, there's a much more weighty feel to the gear stick now. And yes, I know my car needs a hoover lol

20170124_162832.jpg
Liking this knob that works really well - I recently bought the RS knob, love it..cold, but i love it.

The bonnet vents on Litchys shed are covered in normal use, but covers taken off for track, plus the fact they are there for a purpose not for show.

Yes I'm aware they're there for a reason, I just think they look a bit tacky.

I'm fairly confident the vents in the wings are designed expel hot air

ETA:

Picture2.png

If I remember rightly the wing vents have soundproofing foam packed behind them, so they could definitely be improved by removing some of it. However, these wing vents still don't solve the issue of increased heat when at a standstill - heat rises, therefore under-bonnet temps will increase more in traffic as opposed to when on the move without vents in the bonnet itself. I've asked a local engineering company if they can stamp louvres into a bonnet for me and to give me a quote. I can get a bonnet for around £50-£60 so worth a try.

Reactions: Pav and ///M
What radiator are tou using? I guess just the Clio radiator?

You can do all you like but fact is it's freaking small, remove aircon, fit the Meg radiator and you'll never have problems again!

What radiator are tou using? I guess just the Clio radiator?

You can do all you like but fact is it's freaking small, remove aircon, fit the Meg radiator and you'll never have problems again!

I'm not having any problems at the moment, merely looking into practical routes to getting the hot air out of the engine bay. A megane radiator won't solve that. A megane radiator will do absolutely nothing for intercooler heat-soak when the car is stationary either.
Air-con is staying for the short-medium term. I'm looking into a custom radiator, but for now waterless coolant will help keep coolant temps at a level I'm comfortable with. I've already spoken to someone who has had good results using it so I'm encouraged.

I'm not having any problems at the moment, merely looking into practical routes to getting the hot air out of the engine bay. A megane radiator won't solve that. A megane radiator will do absolutely nothing for intercooler heat-soak when the car is stationary either.
Air-con is staying for the short-medium term. I'm looking into a custom radiator, but for now waterless coolant will help keep coolant temps at a level I'm comfortable with. I've already spoken to someone who has had good results using it so I'm encouraged.
We'll place your vents above the intercooler so the water cools it.lol

well since my system is dry i wont need the prep fluid...will look into this..thanks

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sean197 Projects/Progress Threads 30
Pav Projects/Progress Threads 2657
B Spotted 0