Ferodo DS2500 front pads
Brembo brake pins
Fuchs Titan engine oil
Genuine Renault oil filer
Genuine Renault spark plugs
Total Gear 8 gearbox oil
Cabin filter
Gulf Competition RF1000 brake fluid
Waterless coolant (prep. fluid and coolant)
Forge sensor clamps
Heko wind deflectors
Various silicone hoses to tidy up the intercooler pipework
1 Ltr pH-neutral snow foam
A Karcher-compatible snow foam lance
Collinite 845 wax

And breathe....

I plan to have all the mechanical bits fitted by the time I visit RS Tuning on the 22nd Feb for my injectors/remap. Thankfully my mate has access to his bosses workshop with 4-post ramp, so it should be pretty straightforward.

I've also had a quote of £100+vat for a full 4-wheel alignment plus corner-weighting, so just trying to organise a time to have it done.

Operation Money Pit strikes again...

Arrived in work this morning to be greeted by this:

20170201_080529.jpg

Also ordered the following:

MTec drilled and grooved front brake discs
Ferodo DS2500 front pads
Brembo brake pins
Fuchs Titan engine oil
Genuine Renault oil filer
Genuine Renault spark plugs
Total Gear 8 gearbox oil
Cabin filter
Gulf Competition RF1000 brake fluid
Waterless coolant (prep. fluid and coolant)
Forge sensor clamps
Heko wind deflectors
Various silicone hoses to tidy up the intercooler pipework
1 Ltr pH-neutral snow foam
A Karcher-compatible snow foam lance
Collinite 845 wax

And breathe....

I plan to have all the mechanical bits fitted by the time I visit RS Tuning on the 22nd Feb for my injectors/remap. Thankfully my mate has access to his bosses workshop with 4-post ramp, so it should be pretty straightforward.

I've also had a quote of £100+vat for a full 4-wheel alignment plus corner-weighting, so just trying to organise a time to have it done.
I find those mtec discs quite noisy Sean

Ah well, we'll see how they go. They only cost £80 and I'll probably cane them at Spa anyway, so it's not a big deal to change them back if they're a pain!
When I'm driving without brakes on I can hear tick tick tick as the pads go over the grooves. lol

Well you weren't kidding with operation money pit - holy!

Bet your looking forward to the remap :smiley:

Yeah definitely, but I'm looking forward to Spa even more. Just booked my Tunnel crossing this morning. Leaving 7 weeks on Friday and it can't come quickly enough!

Now that this stuff has been bought, all that's left on my to-do list is a smaller battery, but that can wait for now.

Reactions: Chris and Pav
Poo the bed Sean, that's quite the list!!!

Hats off to you mate. Looking very much forward to the outcome of the RS Tuning visit.

Reactions: Sean197
An impressive spending spree there Sean! Interesting that you've gone for the MTEC discs - it's a credit to them that you've chosen that setup for a boosted Clio :thumb:

An impressive spending spree there Sean! Interesting that you've gone for the MTEC discs - it's a credit to them that you've chosen that setup for a boosted Clio :thumb:

To be honest I wanted grooved and drilled rather than standard, and they were only £80-odd a pair. I've never used them before so we'll see how they go. If I don't like them I can always put the standards back on. The DS2500 pads are maybe a little bit overkill for the road, I'm sure standard pads would have been fine, but they can't do any harm and should hopefully resist fade a little better at Spa than the standards. Time will tell!

Reactions: Jimmy
Very impressive list you've ordered there mate :smiley:

Just little topic of conversation, which pads are considered better DS2500s or M1144s?

i certainly have Sean...can swear by them both tbh but as always,if you want more stopping power,less fade even less dust(even for everyday driving) F2500's are the only winner..

i certainly have Sean...can swear by them both tbh but as always,if you want more stopping power,less fade even less dust(even for everyday driving) F2500's are the only winner..

Don't the DS2500s have terrible cold bite though? Which isn't great if it's your daily car.

Don't the DS2500s have terrible cold bite though? Which isn't great if it's your daily car.
Dale coming from m1144 I too was a bit worried..i have to say that im more than pleased with the F2500's performance,even from cold..

given that i only do 10 mins drive to work,they have performed flawlessly..and i did have some brown trousers moments..never let me down ...
i mean the m1144 are like 3x less expensive so it makes sense to use them obviously,hence why i went for them in the 1st place,but now i need that bit extra..:thumb:

Last edited:
Now THAT is an impressive little list Sean.

Does get extra expensive on wet weekends when all you can do is Google / ebay / Amazon doesn't it......

22nd Feb is looming large now !!! :smile:

Reactions: ///M and Sean197
What waterless coolant did you go for Sean? How does that work with the prep etc?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262482205995

You drain the coolant, fill up with the prep fluid which absorbs the remaining water/coolant and run the engine, then empty and fill up with the waterless coolant. Hopefully it should help keep the temps down under hard use although I still think a louvred bonnet is the way forward.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262482205995

You drain the coolant, fill up with the prep fluid which absorbs the remaining water/coolant, then empty and fill up with the waterless coolant. Hopefully it should help keep the temps down under hard use although I still think a louvred bonnet is the way forward.

Sean; Have you got so far as to thinking would you put the louvres so any water getting in wouldn't spill on anything important / anywhere you didn't want it to be. Whilst still actually helping cooling ?

**Genuinely interested in this.

Sean; Have you got so far as to thinking would you put the louvres so any water getting in wouldn't spill on anything important / anywhere you didn't want it to be. Whilst still actually helping cooling ?

**Genuinely interested in this.

Yes - passenger side of the bonnet would seem to be a no go as that's where the upc lives, but I do like the idea of two subtle rows, one either side like this:
pmxhypMv.jpg

I've thought about central, near the scuttle edge of the bonnet, or even a combination of both side and centre. I don't think water would be an issue on the move, more when stationary, but I'd get the vents done on a second bonnet anyway so if it was pissing rain I could plan ahead and swap back to standard.

Reactions: sevenfourate

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sean197 Projects/Progress Threads 30
Pav Projects/Progress Threads 2657
B Spotted 0