Rush

What do you think?

Amazing :jase2:

Good:thumbup1:

Pants :thumb1:

Personally I thought it was good, before the film I didn't really know much about pre 80's formula 1, including Niki lauda and James hunt and the 6 wheel Elf! but was impressed with the way they portrayed their real life counterparts. And how the film centred on them as people and not what happened on track.

Last edited:
personally i don't think it looks good so i'll be giving it a miss.

anything after senna will be a let down anyway.

I'd say this is totally different to Senna, that was documentary style film this is all Hollywood, just a very good film adaptation of real life I'd say,, historically it's quite accurate but as mitchell197 says you won't learn much, where was the mother and daughter threesome for a star?! Haha

I'd say this is totally different to Senna, that was documentary style film this is all Hollywood, just a very good film adaptation of real life I'd say,, historically it's quite accurate but as mitchell197 says you won't learn much, where was the mother and daughter threesome for a star?! Haha

Again it comes down to them as drivers, competitors, rivals. Ron Howard didn't want to focus to much on James hunts bedroom behaviour out of respect for his family. It is so different to senna, which is also what they wanted, and funny enough the adverts do a pretty good job of building the film up without giving to much away.

Watched it last night. I thought it was every bit as good as the hype suggested. Great to get an insight into the two drivers relationship and how they really had a great mutual level of respect for each other. I never realised Niki Lauda was so anal! Ron Howard did a good job, great director and didn't murder a racing film genre thankfully. Olivia Wilde was also pleasing on the eye :smile: I'll be buying a copy when it comes out for sure . What I was gutted about was the fact that they used the disused runway at Blackbushe airport up the road from me for 5 months last year and I only found out in August from a photographer who was taking some piccies on the very same runway!

Did I mention Olivia Wilde? :smile:

seen it twice this week - good entertainment if not actually in places factually right :shout:

It is a very "American" take on racing, so there is a lot of short-intense race scenes, but it was good looking out for the UK circuits and TBH they did very well.

I liked the story line behind it all, it is a different take on the F1 history to Senna, which isn't a bad thing as it would have been hard to compete directly. Hunt and Lauder were very well played and my favourite actress was in it, so I could have watched it all day long!

the true story is on bbc2 sunday I think.....it makes very interesting watching :thumbup1:

Similar Thread Suggestions