Replacing Recaro covers

I have read about Recaros being repaired with new covers under warranty but has anyone been able to buy new covers to replace them themselves?

The bolster on the drivers side has completely gone so needs some attention.

Just to update this, I have been in contact with capital seating (official recaro dealer) and they can repair the fabric at a very good price

Just to update this, I have been in contact with capital seating (official recaro dealer) and they can repair the fabric at a very good price

Any idea if they repair the bolster foam under the fabric? Mine have little fabric wear, just feels like the foam inside is slightly damaged.

The foam underneath disintegrates. You can get the foam pads from Capitol Seating but if you wish to purchase the covers you have to go though Renault.

I was lucky and found a new seat base on eBay for around £80, when it arrived it came with a complete new back cover so around £800's worth.

Capital can supply them too, as they are official recaro dealers they should be able to get most bits. They are based in Leicester too so easier to get to for Midlands folk

Capital can supply them too, as they are official recaro dealers they should be able to get most bits. They are based in Leicester too so easier to get to for Midlands folk

Do Capital ship their goods? I've emailed them several times but never got back to me regarding a couple of bits for my car. Have you any details of who to speak to / a best contact number?

Cheets

Hey guys.

I'm new to the forum and I got the typical Recaros wearing problem.

I'm managing various options:

1. Buying new covers. Does Capital sell the covers ready to mount???

2. Getting Recaro fabric from Capital and take it to a local trimmer here. Recaro fabric is sick expensive tho, £75 for a 700x400 mm piece (enough for ONE bolster LMAAAO) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-R...ic-for-Sportster-CS-Sport-Seats-/351021380061, so I guess if Capital sell the full cover it will be f**kin' expensive too. Are those guys crazy??

3. If "original" solutions result very expensive, I will retrim with other material. I think a leather/alcantara combo could be even cheaper than buying the fabric form Capital.

Last edited: