Replacing door Speakers

Guys total noob when it comes to stereo equipment. Has anyone replaced the door speakers? The renault ones are just terrible quality. What size would i need to look for? and what depth?

Havent replaced the headunit yet but will be very soon. Any recommendations?

Sounds stupid, but I wanna keep with the orange glow like the rest of the car. 8)

Guys total noob when it comes to stereo equipment. Has anyone replaced the door speakers? The renault ones are just terrible quality. What size would i need to look for? and what depth?

Havent replaced the headunit yet but will be very soon. Any recommendations?

Sounds stupid, but I wanna keep with the orange glow like the rest of the car. 8)

Cant help with speakers as I have some cerwin vega 12.5's and tweeters id like to put in but will need amping etc and dont know if they will fit, however headunit wise many now have color changeable settings the more basic alpines but i would recommend becker units.

pioneer do a a upgrade for the clio/megane that replaces front door and tweeters.

Most alpine headunits will do the orange glow,
The front doors are 5" speakers, but you can fit 6" easily or even 8" as i am doing the now.

pioneer do a great set of speaker which are a direct replacement. No connections needed.

If you are looking at replacing speakers all round you need a pair of component speakers 13cm/5.25" and a pair of coaxial's again, 13cm/5.25"

The fronts don't have much depth, but in my cup the rears have about 6" of depth until they hit the quarter panel (Woofer speakers to suit!) :shout:

im nervious about tearing the car appart to run an amp and crossovers :worried:

pioneer do a great set of speaker which are a direct replacement. No connections needed.

If you are looking at replacing speakers all round you need a pair of component speakers 13cm/5.25" and a pair of coaxial's again, 13cm/5.25"

The fronts don't have much depth, but in my cup the rears have about 6" of depth until they hit the quarter panel (Woofer speakers to suit!) :shout:

The standard speakers aren't terrible if you put a decent headunit in. I have my pioneer P88RS II in the clio and the sound is bareable but this headunit does have a huge amount of adjustment. I'll probably put some better speakers in when funds allow but standards aren't as bad as they appear

Anybody got any names, brands or links to some decent speakers? Like Biteme I don't want to be ripping the car apart but I would like a bit better sound quality and again I don't really do much electrical so plug'n'play would be brilliant!

Tbh always been a fan of Alpine, never had a bad experience so I think i've found the head unit (orange one of course) and has iphone connectivity so ideal. Wont be shelling out for the bluetooth upgrade though, its the same cost as the unit! Saw it for £102 which i think looks reasonable. Can get the KCE-433iV iPod lead on ebay cheap.

http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/products/product-singleview/cd-head-units/cde-111r.html

just a case of getting some speakers to go with it, really feel daft for asking but do you need a facia adapter for the clio??

Last edited:
Yea you need to get the facia adapter from a megane. You can get them for about £2 delivered off ebay. You don't need a wiring adapter for the headunit but if you want to keep the steering wheel controls you'll need an adapter which is about £35

anyone know what model the pioneers are called? Im pretty tempted, but an upgrade when the new beast gets here. Ive got a few parts to go on it already for when she gets here.

are the tweeters difficult to get out does anyone know? In my 197 they look like a bit of a pain tbh. No dash removal or anything?

I would sugest changing the head unit. I to went for somthing with similar light colouration to the dash. I changed my speakers when using the standard hea unit and the quality was still the same, volume went no higher without distortion. Standard head unit output is very low, replacing it with a 4x50w head unit would be more than suitable

I went for this and sourced relevant steering whel control adapter loom aswell

deh6200bt_main_gallery.jpg

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25/121/61/DEH-6200BT/index.html

Last edited:
are the tweeters difficult to get out does anyone know? In my 197 they look like a bit of a pain tbh. No dash removal or anything?

Everyone seems to say they are a pain to get out, so i started with caution....
It took me about 5 mins a tweeter to do with no breakages.
I prized them out with a screw driver. The existing tweeter and cover came out in one piece, then i removed the tweeter from the cover, and replaced with the new one, connected it up and put it back in.

When taking them out, pop the side facing you up, not out, just up, then you should be able to see a the side of where the tweeter is held in, i got them out by prizing this section up.

hope this helps

Regarding the pioneer above, how is it going? i did like the look of it, but some bad reviews put me off.

will197 - can you post some pics of your HU mounted inside the car? Would be best also some in darkness. Standard stalk controls work with it, or some adaptor is needed?

B6MFD - What is wrong with this Pioneer HU? Poor sound quality, too much failures or any other problem?