Replacing door Speakers

will197 - can you post some pics of your HU mounted inside the car? Would be best also some in darkness. Standard stalk controls work with it, or some adaptor is needed?

B6MFD - What is wrong with this Pioneer HU? Poor sound quality, too much failures or any other problem?

TBH im sure the hu is great, just a few negative write ups and errors on a few audio sites i looked at, so was a bit put off.

Hey,

I have just replaced my HU with a Alpine iDA-X305S very impressed with it to be honest. I got impatient and installed it without ordering the stalk controls or even the panel adapter, but love the upgrade in sound quality even with the standard speakers.

I am a little green when it comes to car audio, what size of speakers can I fit front and rear just plug and play?

Cheers

Tom

I had the upgraded standard system in mine (MP3 with 6 speakers) and after replacing the headunit with a pioneer P88RS II the sound quality isn't too bar. This headunit does allow a lot of equaliser tweaking though.

If you do want to upgrade the speakers you need 13cm components in the front and 13cm coaxials in the back