Renaultsport power figures from factory..

Who cares if it is 195 or 200 bhp with that kind of suspension and handling...
I had MK5 stage 1 Golf GTI with 255 hp..it was insane..acceleration..but joy factor nowhere near CS200...
Enjoy your car guys!

Maybe I need to repeat my self again LOL

A RR is good for before and after mods, single runs need to be looked at carefully and the situation they are run in......... but when you have 7 YEARS of continuous 197/200 RR data where they are consistently down on claimed power, the conclusion is obvious.

Some folk just dont want to acknowledge it.

we know what your saying, but theres a few that have made stock power on rollers, but all we are saying is even the lower reading one, if you was take the engine out, take the gearbox off and bolt a engine dyno to it, it may make stock figures as rolling dynos dont measure power they calculate from measured torque.

Last edited:
and just to throw a spanner in the works i have also been to a RR with a few meganes and they made under quoted power and the clio did above :lol:

and just to throw a spanner in the works i have also been to a RR with a few meganes and they made under quoted power and the clio did above :lol:

oh and if you avaerage out the RR mine has been on it makes 194hp :clap:

I think it's Renaults fault. they should have just called it the Clio 192, they'd have been closer then and a few would have been good ones with a few extra horses.

I'm glad they did'nt though as i'd have the wrong plate now.:kiss:

I want still add this to conversation.. another fwd cars (peugeot etc) gave that factory power. In the same RR where my clio was. So i cant believe 100% that problem is with RR or its calculation rollers/engine power. And all beemers produced 10-20hp more than factory spec.

Peugeot are known for being conservative with their figures. It's the same engine in the 106GTi and Saxo VTS but Peugeot used to claim 10BHP less than Citroen, or Citroen used to claim 10BHP more, if you want to look at it that way. The engine is identical, same code and everything, built in the same factory by the same people. I can't say that all PSA engines produce better figures than stated but it certainly used to be the case with them a few years go...

Last edited:
so on average the clio is down 3% ~10 bhp

I see Peugeot was mentioned, coming from a pug background the flagship 206 GTi180 was actuallly 155-165bhp ~20 bhp down and quite difficult to get to 180 without a bit of money

Atleast Renault are somewhat close (mine is 180.5) due to no remap with mods

Well the average of those four cars was ~3% less than book figures.

Using more cars or different cars would no doubt see a different result and probably more accurate too. Pugs are notorious for it from my experience, as are Toyota's. The Celica 190s are usually around the 160BHP mark. :worried:

Last edited:
Sorry to fuel this but everytime I have talked to people that run dynos they always say its within 10% of what the real figure will be as long as firstly its setup right, secondly the car is setup right and finally the car is on the rollers correct. So if we are talking 3%, happy times.

Felt it was time for a bit of research as bull and personal opinion can get in the way of facts.

This is just after 10 mins with a post date search on this forum. I have not ignored any high power numbers, just taken the results as they came up on a search. They are all stock cars.

Bhp........Username

186........Rich
188........Withoutbix
189........Jase
187.5..... Mikeh197
185........Theederv
184........Luxsaxby
182........Anttio
182........Chemist
185........Ben197
179........Paul4D

AVERAGE 185 BHP

So 9 Bhp down on claimed.

I prefer to let the numbers do the talking. Not one even got close to claimed.

Personally I don’t care about 9 Bhp down but what I do take issue with is people that like to think it doesn’t exist or its a conspiracy.

Reactions: wattson
Sooo, from that field of cars the average is ~4.5% down from book figures.

Take all of the engines out of those cars to remove the variables and drivetrain loss calculation and they probably wouldn't be too far off the magical 194BHP figure on an engine dyno which is what I'd imagine Renaultsport will have measured their test engines on (although that 179 car seems well off). There is no conspiracy, there's just an awful lot of variables. I agree though that certain cars do seem to make book figures more readily than the Clio, but that leads back to how honest the manufacturers were being and what other test conditions their engines were averaged at in the factory compared to how Renaultsport came to theirs.

If you were to add three standard cars that read above or around book figures though (Me 193.5, Litchy 196, Foxspeed 194), the average becomes 187BHP... Back at the ~3% we came to yesterday. Also it's worth noting that one car made 177BHP at one place and 204BHP at another place which is an absolutely huge difference, how would that be explained and which figure is to be taken as the correct one!?! :smile:

The moral of the story to the OP is not to worry if he's happy and his car drives well. Numbers on paper mean nothing.

Last edited:
Felt it was time for a bit of research as bull and personal opinion can get in the way of facts.

This is just after 10 mins with a post date search on this forum. I have not ignored any high power numbers, just taken the results as they came up on a search. They are all stock cars.

Bhp........Username

186........Rich
188........Withoutbix
189........Jase
187.5..... Mikeh197
185........Theederv
184........Luxsaxby
182........Anttio
182........Chemist
185........Ben197
179........Paul4D

AVERAGE 185 BHP

So 9 Bhp down on claimed.

I prefer to let the numbers do the talking. Not one even got close to claimed.

Personally I don’t care about 9 Bhp down but what I do take issue with is people that like to think it doesn’t exist or its a conspiracy.

can someone go on the corsa vxr / civic type r / ford fiesta/focus st / meganesport / seat leon/ibiza / vw polo/golf gti forums and get similar data????

As luck would have it I have these to hand already for standard (got something planned for a different thread)...

CTR - Book Figure 197BHP;

Celica 190VVTLI - Book Figure 188BHP;

Couldn't get anything off the FSTOC as you need to be registered. Celica ''190'' owners must just cry constantly!!! :smiley:

Last edited:
I take it you used results from the same dyno for your data collation, otherwise my average is 201.8 for my car alone......as on 2 other occasions mine registered 209 on different dynos to the figure you quoted for me

Plus the result you did use for mine was also on what is most likely the hardest dyno in the country to get a high score on (the ego buster as it was named by its operator)....

does it actually matter if its x bhp below or above claimed figures or not..... If ya happy with car enjoy it..... If ya wanna go faster mod it..... If ya bought it to argue in a pub with mates that "my car has more bhp than yours" get a life. Simples :tongueout:

As luck would have it I have these to hand already for standard (got something planned for a different thread)...

CTR - Book Figure 197BHP;

Celica 190VVTLI - Book Figure 188BHP;

Couldn't get anything off the FSTOC as you need to be registered. Celica ''190'' owners must just cry constantly!!! :smiley:

having owned on and been on fstoc for years, the fez St are pretty much on the money, lowest i ever remember was 145. dont for get they are only a 150 bhp car