Removing Silencer on a 200?

I've had a search and can only find info on 197's can the silencer from the standard exhaust on a 200 be removed to a give a more raspy note?

I know you have the Milltek but I have only got the standard exhaust just now, dont want it to sound silly/tinny

Whats the exact name of the part I need removing? is it the silencer in the backbox or a centre silencer? I'm rubbish at this but just need to explain to the garage what bit it is!

Centre silencer is the bit you need to remove. When I first drove mine out of the garage it was very raspy and tinny but after a few days the new pipe coked up and settled down. I've heard a std de silenced system and it does sound much better.

centre silencer is the one you want out sound ok tookie has his done which i heard on our last run out,but in the end you will want a cat back for some good note:thumbsup:

I remember when I first got my 197 and thought 'wow, the exhaust sounds quite good as standard'. Ha!

When I hear a standard one now, I think they just sound so quiet and tame in comparison.

I remember when I first got my 197 and thought 'wow, the exhaust sounds quite good as standard'. Ha!

When I hear a standard one now, I think they just sound so quiet and tame in comparison.

Agree, I went past what appeared to be a very new std one on the motorway, just as I got next to him I changed gear so it exploded. Would've loved to know what he thought...

(probably.. "what a nob"..)

Last edited: