Removing the centre silencer box

not the car yet and all ready making plans lol! I like to. I'd my cars using OM parts normally but tend to find I strsyba little. Havin driven a few 200's now it seems very quite. I don't want to change the exhaust for an aftermarket one but maybe alter the original. Removing the small centre silencer seems a popular mod on here plus I like the idea that it can replaced if needed. What I can't find is any sound clips of it done. Would be nice to hear what it sounds like as I'm not wanting the blown exhaust sound that some seem to have. Any pros cons doing this. Any advice welcome guys.

Paul

:french:

Nice!! :smile:. This is the problem I always have with modding my cars part of me says keep it standad while the other half knows my love for all things Motorsport and wants that sound or look, Just don't want that drone sound some have.

Last edited:
Another reason to love these cars some the aftermarket exhausts fitted sound awesome! O god I'm to old to start this they seem to bring out the boy racer in you lol.

Paul

I always have with modding my cars part of me says keep it standad while the other half knows my love for all things Motorsport and wants that sound or look, Just don't want that drone sound some have.

It's all good mate, you just need to make good informed decisions. This place is amazing for research, everything you need to know about pretty much anything is just a search away. A scan through the exhaust thread would help solidify your thoughts for sure.

But yeah, Milltek... Unless you're feeling really flush, it's the best choice for quality, sound and still being reasonably well behaved when not pressing on.

This gives you a decent enough idea of how it behaves. Listen to it pooling around at the start. Nice and chilled.