reducing plenum temps

ha ha,should only need a look in the mirror to find a machinist,got to be careful doing that though as you don't no the wall thicknesses

Isn't it cast too? A machinist would be nervy as doing that lol what if you put reflective heat wrap stuff under it and cooled from above as heat rises ?

Isn't it cast too? A machinist would be nervy as doing that lol what if you put reflective heat wrap stuff under it and cooled from above as heat rises ?

yeah its cast,you'd be better off using a drill to start you off then a dremel,virtually impossible to machine,you can't cool from above as the bottom would always stay hot,if its going to be done the cooling has to start from underneath

Come on Scott, u ain't a real machinist if u ain't brave enough to have a go on cast material!!

Definitely gains available if you can find someone to recast, if needs be I'm sure you could remanufacture a less commercial inlet manifold

Where's angel to make us a simple inlet plenum rather than this cast Renault generic poo

I'm here..... Lol

You thinking a carbon one a bit like the JMS (think thats what it was) system that used to be about for the 182?

Although when it comes to carbon, nothing is simple

Ooh, no, nothing like that at all. I wouldn't want to be seen to be considering to be using someone's intellectual property for my gain.

But I do have ideas for a common inlet manifold using will's modified inlet throttle body as a basis for a lower temp inlet common manifold

Ooh, no, nothing like that at all. I wouldn't want to be seen to be considering to be using someone's intellectual property for my gain.

But I do have ideas for a common inlet manifold using will's modified inlet throttle body as a basis for a lower temp inlet common manifold

Lets talk offline or somewhere else online about this :wink:

I know of a very fuelish place this could be worked through, similar inlets on many of the f4r variants

A nicely placed colour-coded scoop/vent would look good.

Kevo666 had one on his old 197. Imo, he placed it wrong and it didnt quite look right but placed correctly I dont think it'd take anything away from the handsome looks of the car.

How rude, I placed it perfectly! It looked and worked well :wink:

I know of a very fuelish place this could be worked through

+1.

Ask the question mate and see what the mad scientist thinks.

If a solution can't be found over there then there is no reasonable solution.

Last edited:
Semi! will this fit on a 200!? I mind the vauxhall boys could get different inlet manifolds from a company ( cannot mind who ) with great gains, hmm...

I think i did a little sex wee :oops::blink:

Your not the only one....

Iirc JMS are no more, I believe Michael Woodford Motorsport to over most of their work but didn't carry on with the magic box above. Anyone know where I can get hold of one?

wonder if theres any benefit in having the top half of the standard 197/200 inlet done like that?????