reducing plenum temps

after a recent day out at RS Tuning with smoggy mark we came to the conclusion (or should i say paul told us) that to get good dyno figures you need to keep the plenum temps as low as possible,marks 200 suffered alot more than my 197 due to the poorly designed front bumper,never the less i thought i'd have a go at reducing this and creating some air flow over the top of the motor,a few pics of my ideas

7255793610_f65370c795_b.jpg
plenum temps by scott1532, on Flickr

7255807732_160b946fcc_b.jpg

7255835668_31449c339c_b.jpg

7255862352_8822a459ab_b.png

not had a chance to go for a blast yet but i'm sure a colder plenum can only be a good thing,comments welcome

A nicely placed colour-coded scoop/vent would look good.

Kevo666 had one on his old 197. Imo, he placed it wrong and it didnt quite look right but placed correctly I dont think it'd take anything away from the handsome looks of the car.

A nicely placed colour-coded scoop/vent would look good.

Kevo666 had one on his old 197. Imo, he placed it wrong and it didnt quite look right but placed correctly I dont think it'd take anything away from the handsome looks of the car.

not my thing mate,the thing with scoops as well is they've got to be placed right,i no with the early subaru's the scoop barely worked as it was to small,the air simply hit the front of the car at speed and rose above it which is why they increased the size of it

Well, there has to be a balance between oxygen and petrol or something like that - and additional air flow without a remap can lead to your car over fueling, so I've heard.

IMO, you've done wrong with this:

Now, all of the cold air will go on the inlet, and the hot probably in the airbox and consequently in the inlet/engine if this hose is connected to the airbox.

Now, all of the cold air will go on the inlet, and the hot probably in the airbox and consequently in the inlet/engine if this hose is connected to the airbox.

it needs the end blanking - so it flows out of the vents cut in it - as raptor says

see where your coming from now mate,that hose isn't connected to the airbox though,i just simply thought it would blow cold air in the direction of the airbox but as you and foxspeed have suggested i'm going to blank the end of the black pipe,this is where my cold air feed for the airbox comes from,

7256682324_04ea6bed61_b.jpg

This is a great way to reduce air flow and pressure to the air box where it is actually needed . . .

see where your coming from now mate,that hose isn't connected to the airbox though,i just simply thought it would blow cold air in the direction of the airbox but as you and foxspeed have suggested i'm going to blank the end of the black pipe,this is where my cold air feed for the airbox comes from,

Blank the end and it'll be just fine.

I believe that you won't gain anything noticeable/if any with this kind of cooling (of the plenum), HOWEVER any gain is still a gain. :smiley:

Bit by bit. :smiley: