reducing plenum temps

after driving home from work tonight i lifted the bonnet and put my hand on the plenum and it was cold,on the top anyway! its was 20 degrees plus outside so thought this was quite good,the underside was very hot but then again it would be so it looks like mike might have a real point in making gaps between the legs to cool from the underside,can someone do me a favour and put there hand on there plenum after a spirited drive and roughly tell me how hot to the touch it gets,cheers

wonder if theres any benefit in having the top half of the standard 197/200 inlet done like that?????

My thoughts exaclty. Extending the wiring for the TB is no issue, so this would be a very simple (maybe not the right word) thing to test.

after driving home from work tonight i lifted the bonnet and put my hand on the plenum and it was cold,on the top anyway! its was 20 degrees plus outside so thought this was quite good,the underside was very hot but then again it would be so it looks like mike might have a real point in making gaps between the legs to cool from the underside,can someone do me a favour and put there hand on there plenum after a spirited drive and roughly tell me how hot to the touch it gets,cheers

This is normal.

I found out that the more you push the car and if the ambient temperature is <25°C the inlets are far from hot.

However, they tend to get hotter when stopping at traffic lights (no airflow).

This is normal.

I found out that the more you push the car and if the ambient temperature is <25°C the inlets are far from hot.

However, they tend to get hotter when stopping at traffic lights (no airflow).

going to block up my new addition for a quick blast out and do a temp test

It's stone automotive now jms and the manifolds don't match up I've already been in contact and there not designing this for 197 :worried:

they told me it was not worth it on a 197 thats why they wouldn't develop one. and angel if you contact stone automotive on clio sport he still makes the rs2 and sells them on his own web site

could have done with lower temperatures under bonnet today....could feel it wasnt having its best in the heat today a few times:nope:

they told me it was not worth it on a 197 thats why they wouldn't develop one. and angel if you contact stone automotive on clio sport he still makes the rs2 and sells them on his own web site

Cheers mate, have a few ideas that I'm discussing with a technical genius so we'll see what happens. :wink:

Today I have logged plenum temperatures with an OBD bluetooth reader & Torque.

It seems that at 22-27C environment temperature and at 40-50km/h average speed my plenum temperature varies between 52-65C.

Did anyone else log their temperatures in similar conditions?

Today I have logged plenum temperatures with an OBD bluetooth reader & Torque.

It seems that at 22-27C environment temperature and at 40-50km/h average speed my plenum temperature varies between 52-65C.

Did anyone else log their temperatures in similar conditions?

how did u measure these temps?