recaro wear

ive bought a 197 3 months ago and my recaros are gettin worn very quickly and a hole is soon to appear,

when i brought the car it had no warrenty left but got a years thrown in with the car will they do something about it or does this warrenty not cover it, as its a second hand car ????

Mines started to bloody wear again. It was only replaced under warranty 9 months/7k miles ago. I'm careful to sit into the seat rather than slide over the bolster too, not happy

i bought a recaro seat cover for mine they are £60 but they make it alot easer to get into aswel as its slippery ish and iv had no problems with wear

Can't really say TBH as the normal warranty would have covered it but if it is independent or any non-renault one then you might not be covered! Best bet is to take it to them and see if they will have it.

How many miles are on the car?

I launch myself in arse first :smiley: haha

As do I lol. I just bought a brand new set of seat bases off eBay (For the bargain price of £50). Obviously Renault will fix 'em in the first 3 years but after that its up to us.

As do I lol. I just bought a brand new set of seat bases off eBay (For the bargain price of £50). Obviously Renault will fix 'em in the first 3 years but after that its up to us.

saw them! Was tempted as a future sale item but money was tight at the time. £50 for 2 was the bargain of the year. Nice purchase :thumbsup:

saw them! Was tempted as a future sale item but money was tight at the time. £50 for 2 was the bargain of the year. Nice purchase :thumbsup:

Yeah. Tbh it was probably the worst time of year that the guy put them up for sale just after christmas. Worked out good for me though.

My drivers is worn, to the point it isnt that far of having a hole in it, and was like it when i bought the car.

I hold onto steering wheel and B pillar when getting in and out, so i completely miss the side bolster and seat base bolster, then lower myself exactly into position.

When the car goes into the dealers i tape up the side of the seat with gaffer tape so they dont catch it, the cars been in 4 times now for warranty work (3rd party) and i noticed when i got the car back the wear was much worse then before it went in due to the mechanics not taking care when getting in and out ...grrrrrrr :worried:

RichW what's the 3 party warrantee like? Who's it with? Im thinking about buying some when mine runs out in the middle of the year

RichW what's the 3 party warrantee like? Who's it with? Im thinking about buying some when mine runs out in the middle of the year

Its from the place where i bought it, its their own that they give with any car they sell, only lasts 3 months but apparently its a legal requirement?! :glare:

Yea they have to give you 3 months minimum, its normally AA or RAC warranty though

I got 1 year blackhorse warranty with mine, unfortunately doesn't cover the interior though :worried:

Renault have adopted a view of normal wear and tear on these seats on any car over two years old. No help whatsover with mine as I had bought the car second hand. Now the Warranty is out I have a spare base to put in when I sell the car.