Recaros - replaced & wear/tear problem thread

I had my Recaro seats:

• Total voters

Raptor6767

Gold Member
Given in mind that we have a gearbox replaced thread, it would be interesting to see how much ppl had their Recaros replaced (under warranty or by themselves).

My Recaros, after 4 years & ~67kkm:

421018_10150567527848187_588583186_8899904_2059981482_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mine are almost 5 years old now with almost 60k on the clock, the only wear (strangely) is on the passenger side.

photo.jpg

The material is like tissue paper on the Recaros - it's scary.. why I went for the standard seats (not that they are much better).

Think the foam being quite hard doesn't help as it pulls the material tighter than your average seat meaning less give as you rub against it.

How have people gone about getting their replaced under warranty, is it a case of just kicking up a fuss at the dealership or would writing to Renault UK be more effective? Isn't it the foam underneath that wears and causing the material to wear quicker?

How have people gone about getting their replaced under warranty, is it a case of just kicking up a fuss at the dealership or would writing to Renault UK be more effective? Isn't it the foam underneath that wears and causing the material to wear quicker?

I can't talk for the Recaro's only my experience - but I've had the seat cover and foam on the standard sports seat replaced under warranty... and believe me it's not just as easy as moaning about it... anyone who says different must be very lucky or have a nicer dealer.

With my seat problem it tooks ages and loads of phone calls/photo's and emails to get anywhere. Renault UK/Warranty often try and put things down to wear and tear, especially seat/trim - it's not like a physically broken engine part say.

All I would say to anyone is have a go, speak to your dealer, Renault UK etc and see what they say.

I know they are getting more and more reluctant to replace seats/covers as my Renault dealer have told me this. Only thing that swung it for me is that the foam was split and the car had only covered 6k miles...

Last edited:
Mine are like this too and that's enough to annoy me, the ones in the first post look terrible.
J

To be honest it annoys me too, but there isn't much I can do about it. Personally I don't see it as being anything wrong with the seat, it is genuine wear and tear in my case.

I honestly can't understand how they get in the state some peoples are unless they just get in/out without any consideration for the seats

I did read somewhere about getting parts re trimmed in leather but I had a drive in a Focus Rs that had the same seats but fully leather, they were worn in exactly the same place so thats not worth it.
It is just something that you have to be aware of all the time when getting in/out. It is worth the hassle for how supportive the seats are.
J

had mine edge automotive retrimmed in half leather and alcantra, been on the car 18 nearly 18 months and still look new.

Similar Thread Suggestions