Racing Blue 200 FF CUP

Haven't actually got it yet. Put the deposit down last Friday so twiddling my thumbs excitedly waiting for it!

I came on here just under 2 years ago when I had a MKV Golf R32 that I wanted to shift and get a 200. Got loads of friendly advice from you guys but....
Got done speeding big style shortly after that so sold the R32 and bought a Twingo 133 CUP to cater for how much my insurance would increase come renewal time.
Got bored of the 133 after a year and wanted something cheap with a bit more grunt.
I had an EP3 Type R before the R32 so I bought an old EM1 Civic Coupe with a 96 Spec JDM DC2 engine swap and 98 Spec JDM DC2 LSD Gearbox.
Spent a fair bit on having the engine rebuilt with forged pistons and rods and obviously mapping. It's now got 235.8bhp and f*****g flies. It's a bit of a handfull and doesn't half make you heart race! Still need to sell this so if anyone wants a mental Civic give me a shout. I might break it and sell the parts separately.

I was going to keep the Civic and turn it into a track beast but I don't have any room to store it and I know I'll end up being bankrupt if I keep on chucking money at it to make it perfect for the track!

So this brings me onto the Clio. Always wanted one since I tested a 182 about 8 years ago.
I had a go in a 200 CUP a while back and loved it. So much fun and so raw! Also they seem to me to be the perfect everyday car that I can take to the track on a weekend!
So I put a deposit down on a Racing Blue 200 Full Fat with a CUP Chassis, Speedlines and Recaros.

I'll stop waffling now and update this with pics when I collect the 200! Got a few little bits to do as soon as I get it. :bounce:

Since this is a RS forum.....The Twingay. Was a really fun car but didn't have quite enough grunt for me!
e6uely.jpg

EDIT: Thought I'd stick a photo of the Clio on the first page.
16hm3pz.jpg

Last edited:
Hey up mate, that twingo looks familiar...... Think I came to pick that up from your place? Got lost looking for ya flat and ya ended up getting crammed in my RB200 :smile:

Hey up mate, that twingo looks familiar...... Think I came to pick that up from your place? Got lost looking for ya flat and ya ended up getting crammed in my RB200 :smile:

Haha yeah! How are you doing mate? Is Rich still enjoying the Twingay?

I've finally seen sense and forked out for a 200! Sort of used yours as inspiration for the plans I've got for mine. Hope you don't mind? We'll have to go for a rip sometime if you're about. :thumbup1:

Yeah Rich loves his mate, yeah mine and yours are almost identical lol, Just bought some white cup speedlines for mine :smile:

Few of us are off Karting mate on 8th December off here if ya fancy it.

Yeah Rich loves his mate, yeah mine and yours are almost identical lol, Just bought some white cup speedlines for mine :smile:

Few of us are off Karting mate on 8th December off here if ya fancy it.

Nice one mate. Good to hear it. I had it in my head yours was Albi(?) Blue though. If I can shift a few parts for my Civic I'll be getting the Cup Spoiler and Skirts immediately. White speedlines will look awesome.

I'm in Norway that weekend unfortunately. Just did the Ginetta 24hr at PPIK in Leeds this weekend so am pretty battered and bruised!

Love the throaty noise you get just over 5k with a panel filter on.

Not too intrusive like a chavvy open cone. Just right.

Love the throaty noise you get just over 5k with a panel filter on.

Not too intrusive like a chavvy open cone. Just right.

Does this actually happen? Heard some people say so and others not. :huh:

On my Twingay I just got a silicone intake hose that bypassed the resonator which made it sound a teeny bit more throaty.
Was just planning to do the same on the Clio.

Just been to the dealers today to drop off my retention certificate.

!!CAN NOT WAIT!!
:thumbup:​

Excellent choice in car and interesting to read about your previous cars!

Beg your counting down the minutes!

Excellent choice in car and interesting to read about your previous cars!

Beg your counting down the minutes!

Cheers dude. I am indeed counting down the minutes. As soon as I get the car I'll be counting down the 1000 miles of being gentle 'til it's run in!

Looking forward to seeing pic's of the Clio fella, bet your buzzing haha.

Love the sound of your civic ! I've had 2 eg3's and a ep2 and my brother had a ef civic, so I love honda's. All ways wanted more power from them and all my friends had vtec but i just couldnt insure 1 :/

Enjoy your Clio fella !

Looking forward to seeing pic's of the Clio fella, bet your buzzing haha.

Love the sound of your civic ! I've had 2 eg3's and a ep2 and my brother had a ef civic, so I love honda's. All ways wanted more power from them and all my friends had vtec but i just couldnt insure 1 :/

Enjoy your Clio fella !

Yeah the Honda can embarrass most things with all that power teamed with very little weight. You can sink sooooo much money into them though!
I love the EF. Pretty hard to find one in good nick these days!

Cheers mate, I'll sure enjoy it when I get it!

The only picture I've managed to get. Had a heavy weekend so didn't get a chance to go for a drive.
Now with all the rain, my shiny new car is a dirty new car!

Looks good mate.... Not biased at all lol, You going for a cup spoiler? If ya get a full membership to site and need any bits give Karl a shout, much cheaper than Harratts for genuine bits :smile:

Looks good mate.... Not biased at all lol, You going for a cup spoiler? If ya get a full membership to site and need any bits give Karl a shout, much cheaper than Harratts for genuine bits :smile:

Cheers dude!

Yep getting a cup spoiler before xmas hopefully. Just upgraded my phone so once I've flogged my iPhone I'll be getting in touch with Karl.

Sprayshak on here did mine and wayne up at Seddon Atkins at Birstall fitted it, top guy and was really cheap, think it was only about £60 for spoiler and side skirts fitting, didn't want to risk taking a drill to car for £60 lol

Sprayshak on here did mine and wayne up at Seddon Atkins at Birstall fitted it, top guy and was really cheap, think it was only about £60 for spoiler and side skirts fitting, didn't want to risk taking a drill to car for £60 lol

That's the plan. :thumbsup:

I normally use Impact in Brighouse. Hopefully I'll be able to sort something out re fitting the spoiler.