R888 sizes and prices

A2ON

Platinum Member
Word up homies lol

situation is this need to start getting things sorted for july and august and beyond track days which means amongs other things some new wheels and tyres.

Truth be told I'm probally going to go with the pro race 1.2 s's minus the red stripe. These should help with the weigh saving thing.

But after having looking on camskill for R888 in standard size there are no prices quoted . Is it best to get a sligjly diffrent size ? What are you guys running

MARK I know your runnng these on oz's right what size wheels and tyres u running mate ?

Any help appreciated just trying to look for the cheapest way to get some light rims and some 888's

My OZ's are 8x17

To get keep the standard diameter (rolling radius) of the wheel (needed to not upset the speedo too much along with the handling) but also exploit the extra 1/2" width I was craving :lol: 235/40 R17 was my choice.

245/40 R17 is wider still but I felt it was to wide.

However...I'm going to try 215/45 R17 (standard) because they fit on an 8" wheel just as snugly and theres more choice of tyres, Dunlop, Yokohama and Toyo 'semi slicks' I'd like to try the Dunlop's next.

With the 235' I could only find R888's.

You'll pay around 160-170 per tyre but like I said in the cup racer slicks thread that cost will far outweigh what you would spend on a sport tyre like Conti' SC3 due to the 'semi slicks' durability and love for abuse :thumbup1:

Having used the wider wheel would you recomend I go for 17x8 the the best offset I can get is 50 is that the same as yours ?

Thats further out than mine. Mine are ET55.

I'll look out some pics for you. Done

I'm sure Jase and Adrian have ET45 so ET50 will be fine.

Old pics...it looks so strange to me seeing it with front fogs :lol:
I also think the fish-eye lens was on.

DSC_0186.jpg
DSC_0187.jpg
DSC_0188.jpg
DSC_0189.jpg
DSC_0190.jpg

Last edited:
Cool , I supose I may aswell get the 8x17 then if some cup slick turn up they will fit . And there is no worries fitting 215's?

Do you know that wheel weigh website also mate

Sorry for all the q's and thanks for the pcs

I don't know of a site that gives wheel weights. OZ's site tells you the weight of their wheels.

Give team dynamics a call if it's not listed on their site :wink:

Need to sort a set out for myself now tbh.
Killed my Conti3's on Llandow yesterday.

Hmmm Pro Race 3's. Lighter than 1.2's iirc also.

I ordered a set of R888's (GG) in the standard Clio size yesterday from a place called tyretraders.com, they've not arrived yet (3-5 days apparently) but they came in at £129.60 a tyre (plus I think a tenner for delivery of 4) and you can also arrange for a local fitter included in the deal if you want (came out to £144 a tyre fitted). Seemed about the best I could find at the moment, closest elsewhere were some on ebay at £143 plus delivery but not sure on the compound. Camskill were slightly dearer again although I'd probably have got them today, but I don't need mine until mid-May really.

The cheapest I can find so far for R888s in 215/45/17 is 173 quid each tyre from Camskill.

Is this not expensive?

Yes that is pricey

Xtbh mate do a search for the toyo tr1's I'm tempted to run them on track half the price of the 888's

Similar Thread Suggestions