R27 Replacement stickers?

Jmax

197 F1 Team
Platinum Member
Ok so I've been having a bit of problem with the stickers on my R27 and its looking like I'm going to have to replace them.

I'm just wondering if anyone had used the stickers from these guys?

http://street-race.org/ClioF1Team

And if so, what were they like size and quality wise compared tot he originals?

Many thanks,
John

Hi mate, yeh I have ordered from them.

They arn't quite right. They are nearly spot on but he can't get the logo size correct.

All four "renault f1 team" fonts sizes are the same. I believe the rear and front should be larger than the side. And they don't come with world champion detailing either. If you can help with the sizes that would rock.

See the email below after i emailed him to mention it.

"Could you please help me out by giving me the sizes of the logos for the front & rear (just let me know the width of them)?

Also the width of the 'World Champs' logos too. I can make these in a mid grey colour so they are visible on the metallic silver backgrpunds

Your help would be much appreciated as it will help me to get the stickers as close as possible to the originals. "

Ste

I think there is a big difference in the quality of the original stickers to the ebay ones, the thickness of the originals for starters.

Circa £500 for new R27 stickers.
Pretty sure the roof one is much more than that alone, front & Rear are around £40 - £50 each, and the sides are just under £110 each, last time i seen the price from Renault for the roof Decal £800 (I may be wrong tho)

I have no idea why the side Decals are double the price of the front/rear - RS Tax i suppose.

I seem to remember seeing a ultra red 197 with black f1 stickers down the side, not much input but would be interesting to see how much they are?

That's a lot of expense and effort to go to just to remove marks that'll come off with right product and some elbow grease.

Plus it won't solve the issue.
This, post it on detailing world, there will be someone who knows how to remove the water marks.

I seem to remember seeing a ultra red 197 with black f1 stickers down the side, not much input but would be interesting to see how much they are?
They would be replica Decals, the only colour they came in was the greyish colour i believe.

That's a lot of expense and effort to go to just to remove marks that'll come off with right product and some elbow grease.

Plus it won't solve the issue.

I've worked at the stickers with Fast Glass and then Auto Finesse Revive and it has improved them a bit. I'll work at them a few more times over the coming months and hopefully get them back up to an acceptable level.

I was only asking about the stickers as a plan b option, and would only have used them if there had have been no real difference between them and the originals.

They would be replica Decals, the only colour they came in was the greyish colour i believe.

They actually come in 2 shades. In sure it was FCS I had an R27 next to mine and it hard darker decals. Think it was a nimbus.

I've done mine today, with autoglym bumper care. Here's a before a d after pic. Not sure what happened to the after pic but you see the marks have gone.

99D8B2E8-78D3-4FA6-8B82-7DF65E1618FA-36115-00000DDB100AB00D_zps23c44ed9.jpg

388490C3-FB50-47D3-B160-6960A25267A3-36115-00000DDB148C1E4A_zpsa74d11ad.jpg

Bumper care lasts about two weeks then they go back to how they were I'm going to try g techniq g4 and hope that works

I used a sealant last time I waxed up my car, and didn't get any watermarks. Might be the way I washed it and what I used. I don't think if you use an all in wash/wax it helps.

I removed my rear fake sticker today using warm water, bit of heat, and it's took the top layer of gloss with it.

Brilliant.

Similar Thread Suggestions