Pav's Albi Blue 197T

Not impressed with Fuchs then?
no not really..may as well have nothing in it and it still would be a better nothing than this..stay right clear off it..
the thing is,i didnt really have my car in my hands till like before the end of July and then i went away for 4 weeks,so couldnt really tell,but now i know..

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Ben
no not really..may as well have nothing in it and it still would be a better nothing than this..stay right clear of it..
the thing is,i didnt really have my car in my hands till like before the end of July and then i went away for 4 weeks,so couldnt really tell,but now i know..

Utter shat IMO Pav.

Some boxes (Clio 197 / 200 in particular) might be fussy. But i'd like to actually find a box that works well on this stuff !

Get what you pay for has never rung truer with this.

ok here comes my mini review of the Castrol Syntrans V FE 75W 80..
after my megane conversion i was advised to use Fuchs titan sintofluid..what a waste of space this is..seriously..stay away..
anyway,today i went for a quick spin after work to get the box oil temperature up a bit for an easier drainage..
got home and removed the undertray to gain access to a drain plug..thanks Renault for making this experience let's say less enjoyable!!:chris2:
there's literally a couple of inches of a working space to undo the 10mm allen bolt..done with some swearing and moved onto the actual filling up,which proved to be very easy..warmed up the oil still in original bottles..used a rubber hose to fill it up from the of my engine..
put all back together and went for a quick drive..
what a change..immediately,the gear changes feel silky smooth..no crunching (unless i miss it by a bit)..well woth the money and if you can do it yourself even better...

thanks for checking in..

also if anyone tries to tell you that gearbox oil doesnt change colour,kick them and show them my pics..horrible black colour of the old stuff..the new was yellowy clear...P_20171006_173959.jpg P_20171006_174030.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't stain my worst enemies drive with the Fuchs stuff having had some. Torture it for its being Pav. Seriously.....

Glad to hear of the silky smooth changes buddy. LOVE IT !!! :smile:

Reactions: Pav
Think you're pulling our leg mate, that's blatantly a bottle of coke [emoji23]
On a serious note, it's great to hear everything's good again, it's so nice to have a smooth box again!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Micah and ///M
Think you're pulling our leg mate, that's blatantly a bottle of coke [emoji23]
On a serious note, it's great to hear everything's good again, it's so nice to have a smooth box again!

since you mentioned it,i left it in the kitchen and went back outside..when i came back in my mate was about to pour himself a glass..asked what the hell he was doing and he then realized..funny really :chris1:
it's great now..a massive change worth £40..well worth it
Nice one Pav!

Don't misplace that on your shelf lol!!!
same as above..should have let him..that would have been funny..
thanks Chris..

since you mentioned it,i left it in the kitchen and went back outside..when i came back in my mate was about to pour himself a glass..asked what the hell he was doing and he then realized..funny really :chris1:
it's great now..a massive change worth £40..well worth it

same as above..should have let him..that would have been funny..
thanks Chris..
So whyd you stop him? [emoji23]

Reactions: sevenfourate
should have let him have a sip..think he would have killed me!!

yeah thats what i did..just dont do these amounts of £33..just round it up to the nearest ten :jimmy:

Well if you ever need a mate to lend you £11 - i'm all ears :smile:

should have let him have a sip..think he would have killed me!!

yeah thats what i did..just dont do these amounts of £33..just round it up to the nearest ten :jimmy:
Would have been worth filming! You been framed would have given you £250 towards new seats [emoji6]

Reactions: Benno
Good work Pavster, glad to hear you got some better oil in the Witch! It'll make all those boosty blasts even more fun!

Good work Pavster, glad to hear you got some better oil in the Witch! It'll make all those boosty blasts even more fun!
thanks Jimmy..yeah just been for a quick blast and im in love with my car again..a few things have been done over the course of 4 weeks and all is improved..cant be happier atm..
maybe some better seats and all sorted..and a steering wheel retrim...and that should be it..:oops:

Reactions: Jimmy