Official F1 2012 Discussion Thread

Tom

Platinum Member
Spoiler Warning!

If you didn't catch the latest race before reading this thread, be careful of spoiler content!

So - let's talk F1! :smiley:

So guys... First race - and what a race 'eh??!! This is how F1 should be every race... Action right up until the last minute.

I felt a bit for Hamilton, but Button had an awesome day and would have clearly had the legs anyway, so it was probably for the best that Hamilton cocked up the start.

I really felt for Schumacher and Grosjean when they both had to leave the race. Then again, it's early days.

I've got a lot of confidence in Schumacher this season.

I think McLaren are the guys to watch this season with their new car. Red Bull just didn't quite cut it and Ferrari are awful...Their lack of cornering grip... I would expect more from Ferrari...

They're lucky mid-season testing is back!...

Well happy for button, can't wait to see how mclaren perform for the rest of the season, I think Ferrari were poor, two things to take from Ferrari alonso is a top class driver and massa is a poor driver lol!

Not having sky tv despite being unemployed i had to not have the radio on in the car/garage this morning, not have TV on until the BBC programme started i managed to not find out the result so could sit back and enjoy the race.

What a race, if the rest of the season is like this i might stay awake for the rest of the races.

:thumbsup:

Very good race as usual in Aus. Glad one of the McLarens won the race. Lets hope McLaren can keep their advantage over the Red Bulls (Just goes to show that for the last 2 years the Bulls have been a one trick pony with their blown diffusers being what gave them such an advantage).

Its time for someone else to have a go at winning. Hopefully Kimi can better his quali next week and fight with the big boys in the race.

Couldnt get a better result that Button winning!!!

Was a brilliant race the bit with the safety car and vettels pitstop was ashame as lewos lost 2nd. He might of lost it after anyway but still. Kimi showed some great pace and hope he can qualify up in Q3 next weekend!!

Looking forward to a cracking season!! :smiley:

Hopefully next race the McLarens put enough fuel in to run at full tilt for the full race.

Allegedly after lap 8 they were on fuel saving mode. Might explain why it looked easy for Vettel to catch Hamilton.

at least the best looking car won :w00t:

those new nose regs are so so wrong :swear:

I loved it, the red button on sky was brilliant but the main commentator really done my nut it. He needs to chill out a bit he's not commentating on the horses :lol:

Felt sorry for Schumacher, I think he's going to do much better this year.

I loved it, the red button on sky was brilliant but the main commentator really done my nut it. He needs to chill out a bit he's not commentating on the horses :lol:

Felt sorry for Schumacher, I think he's going to do much better this year.

^^ exactly what I thought, during the Quali he had declared the first three places for the race and there was 6 MINUTES LEFT!

So glad that Button and Mclaren won :uk:.

Hopefully it'll be an interesting season, Mclaren are one of the best at during-season upgrades so it'll be interesting now the roles are reversed to see if Red-Bull can play catch up.

I think Kimi had a brilliant race and the midfield was a really interesting race. More interesting than the top 5 IMO. Although I was gutted that Vettel caught Hamilton in the pits, would have LOVED to see them go head to head in on what looked to be the most level playing field they've had in a couple of years.

Allegedly after lap 8 they were on fuel saving mode. Might explain why it looked easy for Vettel to catch Hamilton.
I worry about Vettel being behind people. Remember the year Button won? Vettel crashed into loads of people trying to pass, that year - including Button once and Webber once. Not cool!

I hope that now the McLarens are better, that Vettel has more skill to pass - should he have to...

As mentioned though - interesting to see the field now Red Bull don't have their beloved diffuser...

redbull arent that much slower. I saw they went into fuel save but after the restart button was in max rpm mode.

it is the best looking car the Mclaren and the best driver won :wink:

I dont think vettel overtakes are bad, look at the move on rosberg was a good move. I am looking forward to next week!!

shame about the commentator though

I dont think vettel overtakes are bad, look at the move on rosberg was a good move. I am looking forward to next week!!

shame about the commentator though
Yeah that's a fair point... Better than Vettel of old.

I want to hear more Brundle...

Yeah that's a fair point... Better than Vettel of old.

I want to hear more Brundle...

Yeah his 2 world championships have done good for him!! Which is good as means more battles hopefully!!! :w00t:

Yeah same as he knows he stuff which is always good. The other bloke is just a :swear:

U sure button was maxium rpm mode after the restart, i recall on the team radio they was talking about not runnin at 100%.

U sure button was maxium rpm mode after the restart, i recall on the team radio they was talking about not runnin at 100%.

Yup. After 8 laps, the McLarens were on "Eco mode" for the want of a better phrase.

They were told to attack ie. using the life of the tyres as opposed to turning up the wick!

Hamiltons looking good this weekend.

Schumacher in 2nd and Button in third, following practice.

Hopefully this once again means a dominant weekend for the McLarens.

Strong running from the Merc AMG team to.