Occasional engine tick??

Makaveli160

Paid Member
Only does it occasional normally after its warmed up when the revs have exceeded 4k, never raggit till its warm but noticed recently i get a tick sometimes once iv slowed but only at certain revs as the engine can drown it out or it just disapears.

Am i right in thinking dephaser pulley?

Its booked in with btm in a couple of weeks for service and cambelt etc, so id rather have it done then as am i right in thinking if its replaced the belts need changing??

Thanks

Isit a fault though or just the way they sound, as when im driving, once car is warmed and oil thinner i get it between 2-3k then disapears?

Thanks

Just seems strange i wont hear it for weeks, then ill hear it for a week then i wont hear it again, do you hear yours tick with the window open whilst driving?

I hear it around 2-3k if i hold the revs there but above and below i dont seem to.

Jus to add, theres no drop in power or anything still pulls very well.

So are you saying the dry pulley needs replacing or its just what makes the noise?

Injectors naturally make a ticking noise. They have a needle in them that lifts up to let the fuel squirt out, when the needle returns and hits its seal it makes that ticking noise. Nothing to worry about.