Nose grill spraying on 197

Like I say every time a new topic is started, just paint them.

Don’t waste your money buying new ones; they will only turn grey when the monkeys at the dealers wash your car or if you get a bit of polish on them.

I had mine sprayed for £50 and they are still perfect a year on.

You could always ask them NOT to wash your car mate?

You could always ask them NOT to wash your car mate?

lol they don't wash mine, they know better than to put a dirty sponge to the paintwork.

Was just using that as an example, not sure why mine lost their colour.

But then, that does not matter now, as they are gloss black and imo look 10 times better.

I had the same problem, looked really grey and cheap. Trip to halfords, got some primer, matt black, satin black and gloss black. Gave them both a good soaking with brake cleaner and left to dry for 5 mins. On with the primer. Did one in matt and one in gloss and test fitted to the car to see which one I felt looked best. Gloss won hands down, didn't take any pics at the time. The texture of the plastic makes the gloss look slightly matted anyway.

Ye i would vote to paint em black. I have seen another Red 197 down here with gloss black nose grilles and lower chin grille and it looks incredible. Definitely doing the same next month

Right i had the same problem tryed tuns of products then i saw this cheap ****y old turtle wax back to black and it worked a treat and has stayed on for ages looks like new now

:bounce:

Wooders

A bit of elbow grease, overpriced product that doesn't do **** or 60 plus quid for replacements? Your call.

I just use Autoglym instant tyre dressing after every few washes, looks almost new and hides the watermarks.
Might be the same stuff Performance tyres is on about, i just spray it on and let it dry naturaly

I just use the jet wash close up to remove old wax that has been over wiped onto thw plastic grill and gloss it up with AG tyre dressing, Simples