Nose grill spraying on 197

As I have mentioned in the past, the nose grills on my 197 have gone dull, very dull. Is the halfords matt black spray paint good enough to rectify the issue that makes me sob after every wash! cheers :smile:
Dont really want gloss as the grill below would look odd and as its the cup all the black (mirrors etc) are matt.

I've got Auto Glym Super resin polish on mine, and no matter what I do it just will not come off! I think I might either need to do something like this or get some new ones. I can bet the parts from Renault would cost over £250 though!

I bought some WOW black wax stuff from America. Sort of worked but can still see it! cant believe this part goes this way and all the rest is perfectly fine, Seems to be a common problem!

I've got Auto Glym Super resin polish on mine, and no matter what I do it just will not come off! I think I might either need to do something like this or get some new ones. I can bet the parts from Renault would cost over £250 though!

Some all purpose cleaner and a good scrub with a brush will remove the polish no problem.

Some people recommend blowing over the grills with a heat gun to bring the oil (And colour) back out

Some all purpose cleaner and a good scrub with a brush will remove the polish no problem.

Some people recommend blowing over the grills with a heat gun to bring the oil (And colour) back out

All purpose cleaner as in household stuff?

It will be called all purpose cleaner or something similar, there are household ones and car specific ones but they're all much the same

Cheers all :smile: think it needs spraying to give it some quality restoration :smile:

I think someone does carbon fibres ones just like an inlet, I would like some like this but i'm thinking fibre glass for a smooth painted finish...

peanut butter should remove the polish from them. Just rub a little over the affected area. As for all purpose cleaner, I use Poorboys APC. It can be diluted and works a treat when sprayed on neat or mixed with some warm water. Poorboys trim restorer is what I use on the front grilles, it doesnt run when it gets wet.

I use WD-40 to get dryed in polish off plastic iv used it for years and its always worked!!!!

you should try auto glym bumper care on it. I use it on mine and it gets it back to the original colour when it came out the dealer. Suggest doing this after it has been washed and polished. You might also need to use a cotton bud for those trick bits but it looks loads better afterwards

peanut butter should remove the polish from them. Just rub a little over the affected area. As for all purpose cleaner, I use Poorboys APC. It can be diluted and works a treat when sprayed on neat or mixed with some warm water. Poorboys trim restorer is what I use on the front grilles, it doesnt run when it gets wet.

Peanut butter? You havin' a laugh! Lol! Seriously, the stuff American's spread on anything and everything? Lol!

I need to invest in some new cleaning products. Just ordered a wash mitt to replace the good old sponge as a start!

Like I say every time a new topic is started, just paint them.

Don’t waste your money buying new ones; they will only turn grey when the monkeys at the dealers wash your car or if you get a bit of polish on them.

I had mine sprayed for £50 and they are still perfect a year on.

Does anyone have any pics of them painted? I'm yet to see what they look like. Mine cars black so i reckon it will look good...

new front grill £37 each from renault

Yeah, i bought some a couple of weeks ago, not got round to fitting them yet though. They were £78 for the two from my local dealer.
Be warned, fitting them is not so easy, hence why i'm putting it off.