Nimbus R27 F1.

the one ive got took about a day to settle, even thou my car was mapped anyway, it wasnt mapped for the thottle body. mine will be up forsale soon.

Judging by what I've read and seen Matt, they will be a better unit if remapped, however if you unplug the ECU/battery when fitting, you can 'teach' the ECUto adapt.

There is a thread somewhere on here explaining... Have a look :thumbsup:

No worries dude.
It was dead simple to fit, took 10mins.
Mine was pretty settled straight away but after 5days in the car the electrics fried themselves:-(

Finally a slight update.
Not really done much lately, had a few issues with the clutch/gearbox that I'm trying to get to the bottom of.

Anyway this week she has had the Cambelt/Aux belts and water pump changed. In the end a local garage to me did the work (charged £100 and all seems spot on) power seems much smoother now and a little more responsive. I shall be getting an exhaust and remap after Xmas so will soon know if power is down!

I was wanting to get the interior dash strips wrapped but hadn't had the time or the knowledge the skill to do it properly. So this week while I was away and she was off the road I had the dash strips carbon wrapped. I know a lad on here had his done last week and I apologise for copying you but yours looked the ******** and so I had to get mine done lol.
Only the centre console to get done now, hopefully next week on my day off I'll have it finished:smile:

yhavebab.jpg

qu9u4eja.jpg

emysy6ej.jpg

And now this morning I have finally got round to changing the smashed wing mirror. What a pain in the arse that was.
But all is working again and looks great again.

9a3ypapy.jpg

I have a lot more things planned but mostly to be done in feb/march due to me having very little time off from work.

Bumpers to be re-sprayed, full detail, new tyres and I'm hoping the 200 diffusers from Cazan are available again to smarten the arse end up that little bit more:smile:

Thanks for reading.

Ash

Got lots planned for this now over the next few weeks.
My plan has changed somewhat from the initial aim of keeping her pretty standard and returning the car to near mint condition, I am now going to go for a good track setup and look to do a few more trackdays:smile:

So with that in mind I have ordered some new engine and gearbox oils from Opieoils.

New brakes and pads ordered from K-tec (went for the k-tec grooved discs).

I'm going to get in touch with 519 automotive this week to get hold of some strut braces etc that they can supply.

I'm currently looking for some good coilovers, I'm not finding the H&R springs that great if I'm honest so will switch them out.

I am looking at updating the suspension bushes but nowhere seems to list any for the 197/200?
If anyone can let me know who or where to get them from I'd appreciate it:smile:

I'm still deciding on whether to change the wheels, I love the OZ but can spend that money elsewhere for now so maybe just going to get some good tyres on for now.
The engine for now will stay as it is until the handling is spot on and then I'm going to look into either the Meg engine or the supercharger.

Going to get the steering looked at AGAIN as there is still something that just doesn't feel quite right.

Hopefully these things will be in place by mid march at the latest as I'm looking at doing some trackdays at Cadwell and Bedford with some mates from the Abarth forum and need a car that can show them up lol.

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on that tbh. Would love to give it a go, when do I need to have my name down by?
Just want to make sure all is working well before I book it lol.

Small update.

AD08's fitted and I really can't fault them.
Did really well on track and seem pretty decent on the road in these cold conditions.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361710430.843804.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361710447.662305.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361710459.808065.jpg

A few pics of my recent trackday at Cadwell.

This morning I have fitted another 64mm TB. Had a few issues with the last one so sent it back and regretted not getting another one so finally but the bullet.
Lets hope I have more luck with this one.

And finally, most important of all is that I received my membership pack in the week and have now cleaned the car and fitted my Gold stickers:smile:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361710648.296498.jpg

Shocking picture but you get the idea:smile:

Lots more to come but money is being swallowed up by other things at present:worried:
Lottery win needed I reckon.

So this morning I met up with WelshTom to swap the exhausts over, have to say he's a top guy.
I ordered a decat pipe and had this fitted to mine along with the KTR system and it is epic. The pops and bangs instantly put a smile on my face:smile:

I'd post a quick vid up but have no idea how to do that from my iPhone?
Can post pictures without a problem:-/.

Had a slight issue with the manifold on Toms so are in the process of trying to sort that out. Any help from you guys regarding flexi's etc would be massively appreciated.

I'll try get a vid posted somehow today.

Well after seeing everyone's nice clean Clio's over the past few days it spurred me on to get out in the sun and clean mine.
I'd love to be good at detailing but to be honest I don't have the time, patience or knowledge to do it properly and I'm not the sort of person who can do half a job and be happy with it.

Anyway, not the best and its still covered in tar and crap but its got a bit of shine back in her.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364747598.102292.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364747613.720946.jpg

Need to get Magic on the case when I'm up that way next I think !!